This morning before school, the girls were acting kind of secretive about something and Mackenzie finally fessed up and told me that Madison had a note for a boy in her backpack. (Of course she told on her sister!) Apparently, Madison snuck and got some paper after I put her in bed, and wrote a note with a flashlight in the dark. Mackenzie helped her with the spelling. So I told Madison to bring me the note so I could check it out! Well, I never dreamed it would say:
Dear Menfis (Memphis...LOL),
Meet me at the hiding spot.
I love you.
I mean...WE. ARE. IN. FOR. IT.
6 years old and asking a boy to meet her in a secret hiding spot and telling him that she loves him???? What in the world?! LOL!
I managed to keep my composure and say with a straight face, "Madison, we don't write notes to boys at school." Followed by the "it's okay to have friends who are boys" but not "boyfriends" discussion. At this rate, I'm not sure how we will ever survive the teenage years!
I called and told Poppa about this and I don't know if I've ever heard him laugh so hard. This is one of those stories that Madison will hear us tell many times about her when she is older!

No comments:
Post a Comment