Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pastor Ted

This was a very bittersweet Sunday for us. We "celebrated" the retirement of Pastor Ted today. He has had such an influential, important role in our life and we are going to miss him at STBC so much! I will never forget the day we walked into his office 7 1/2 years ago, holding 6 month old Mackenzie all dressed up in a sunflower dress. He and Jerri took us to lunch at the Bistro & introduced us to sweet potato chips! There was an instant, easy connection...God brought us to STBC and we have loved serving the Lord together. He has supported Brian's ministry, shared in baby dedications for Madison & Jonah, been a part of Mackenzie's salvation & baptism, greeted our kids with hugs and spoken the Word of God into our hearts every week.
Our kids adore Pastor Ted...so much so that Mackenzie has even named her teddy bears "Pastor Ted" and "Miss Jerri!" I know that God has great things in store for us at STBC & for Ted and Jerri and their Blessed Life ministry, but change is always hard and our hearts are sad. Thankfully Ted & Jerri will still be a part of STBC on the Sundays when they aren't doing Blessed Life conferences, so we will get to see them occasionally.
 Philippians 1:3 says "I thank my God every time I remember you." That's definitely how we feel about Ted & Jerri Kersh!
I love this picture of Madison with her feet propped up during Ted's sermon!
 
Mackenzie made this card for Pastor Ted and it made me cry when I read it. Of course Brian and I have tried our best to pour Jesus into her little heart, but she has listened to Pastor Ted's sermons each week and he has definitely been a huge influence on her. The way she signed "Your little blever" is just absolutely precious! Ted posted a picture of her note on FB with the comment "This one of my all time favorite notes from a child. I love you Mackenzie." I love Ted Kersh because of his role in my life & Brian's life, but when you pour into the lives of my children & they love you...that goes to a whole new level. So very special!
The teenagers put together a video for Pastor Ted! Here are the clips that we did! We had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment