Wednesday, January 14, 2015

ORU Rock Exhibit Field Trip

Mackenzie's class went on a field trip to the ORU rock exhibit with their Nature Studies teacher this week. Brian and I were both able to go on this field trip since Madison was at school, and Jonah had a little play date at the Reynold's. I'm pretty sure this was Brian's first Regent field trip, and it was fun to have him along. I was very impressed by the amount of rocks they had on display, and the coolest thing by far was a big piece of a meteorite that we all got to pass around. That thing would flat kill you if it fell from the sky and hit you in the head. Mackenzie's favorite type of rock was definitely the amethysts. At the end of the tour, the kids got to go into the little gift shop and that was instantly what she wanted to buy!
Here is Mackenzie holding the meteor rock.
I look hideous in this picture, but it's the only one I have with her, so whatever...
Mackenzie & Natalie were partners for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment