Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Playroom

My project this week has been the playroom and I love how it turned out! We have decided to use the front bedroom as a playroom for now, until the girls are a little older and ready to have their own rooms. Up until this week, it has pretty much been a complete disaster of unorganized toys. All of Jonah's toys were in his bedroom, but he played in the toy room most of the time, with the girls toys. The final straw was when we found him playing with a naked Ken doll in a Barbie car...we had to do something. Quick! =0)
I bought this cute rug & storage unit from Target and put fun Mickey Mouse decals on the walls at Jonah's level. I put the storage unit together all by myself, which I was proud of! Now Jonah has his side of the room, and the girls have their side. I found some cute pictures to hang on the wall at Hobby Lobby. I wasn't planning on it being such an expensive project, but it was worth it in the end! I'm just glad the kids have a bright & colorful, happy place to play and we can keep the mess kind of contained to one room.
I bought this picture to remind me that it really is okay for them to make a big mess with their toys!
Someone came to fix one of our doorknobs and happened to see in the playroom...he said, "Wow, that's the cleanest playroom I have ever seen!" I laughed and just said, "Well, that's because the kids haven't ever played in it!"
Jonah went right to his side of the room and started playing the minute he got home from school!
Yea for boy toys!
I knew the girls would love this to display their artwork on. They made me thank you cards for cleaning their playroom. I worked for hours and hours organizing and cleaning it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment