Here is the misc. post for November. These "everyday" pictures are sometimes my favorites. They aren't from special events, holidays, or parties...they just show what we do in our every day life. We laugh, we love, we have fun together!
Madison gets to hang out with me & Daddy on Tuesdays and Thursdays while Mackenzie & Jonah are at school. This has been such a special one-on-one time with her. On this day, she went with me to vote.
We have so much to be thankful for!
Spirit Day!
Jonah is all boy! I found him using the blinds as a race car track.
Mack has basketball practice on Fridays after school at Fellowship Bible Church.
Madison made this list of our family members the other day. Glad to know I made the list at the last minute!
This was on another one of our "Madi & Mommy Days." She set up this fancy tea party for us!
So Jonah isn't a fan of keeping his pants on these days! We have found him in the process of taking them off many times.
Madison goes with Daddy on Thursdays to visit people in the hospital. She colors pictures for them and I know she must bring such joy to them!
At Jade's skating party!
The icing queen! (We made her scrape half of this off after taking the picture!)
My cookie deliverers!
Birthday parties at My Little Dollhouse are always so much fun!
Happy Birthday, Madeline!
I have to add something I wrote on FB in right here...
"Yesterday, I overheard a little girl say to another "your butt looks so big in that dress," while laughing...they were 5 or 6 years old. I didn't know the girls, so I didn't say anything. I honestly was thinking, "Did I really just hear that?" (I wish I would have said something, but in the moment I was kind of stunned.) My heart breaks that this is the way the world is for my girls. No wonder there are so many issues with eating disorders, depression, and extreme self-esteem... problems. FIVE and SIX years old, people. It is so important that we raise our girls to know that they are fearfully and wonderfully made! Beautiful just the way God created them. That the picture of worth and beauty is not what the world has made it to be. And also, it was an opportunity for me to remind my girls what it means to be kind...to not say things that would be hurtful to others. This is just a very small example of the broken world we live in."
I was reading one of Mackenzie's library books to her and came across Jack Sprat. Since this is one of G-Ma's favorites, we took a picture and sent it to her! =0)
First frost on our house! I can't wait for it to snow for real this winter! I love being snowed in as long as I'm with my family, have electricity, and have lots of good food to eat!
The girls went with me to a women's missions event at the church where we packed shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. They thought this was the greatest thing ever! It was a great hands-on experience for them to realize that there are boys and girls who don't get Christmas presents like they do.
Fashionista!
One Tuesday, Madison & I had a movie and lunch date to Cheesecake Factory with Daddy. Mackenzie doesn't like it at all that Madison is getting all of this extra attention. Next year Madison will be in school every day, so for now we are cherishing our time with her.
Fun in children's choir!
Both of the girls recently received Amazing Singer awards in choir!
I don't remember when or why I wrote these to the girls, but I hope they always know that this is how I feel!
Jonah made this hat in his class at church. I couldn't believe he kept it on for so long...I guess he was proud of it!
Kari came over to give Mackenzie a "birthday girl" Willow Tree figurine as a special keepsake after she was saved. Such a sweet, thoughtful gift that she will always cherish!
Mackenzie saw this sign in the Wal-Mart parking lot and said, "Look Mommy, that's in Chinese!" It took me a second to figure out how she came to that conclusion, but I guess "xing" does look like a Chinese word! Funny girl!
Yea for "Frozen" yogurt!
Shopping for Christmas ideas...
Poor little guy wasn't feeling well.
I took the girls on a little shopping trip with me and we ended up at Build-a-Bear to get Clarice. The stipulations were they each had to put in some of their own $ and they had to share her. Miraculously, we came out of the store with only this one thing...no clothes or anything!
Just some misc. videos from this month.
Aunt Barbara came over to play one day while I was decorating cookies. We always love spending time with her! The girls taught her to play Spot It! I'm sure Jonah was helping her too!
Later that same day, the kids were playing in the backyard and I checked on them only to find Jonah with the Minnie Mouse helmet on. They were pulling him all over the place! I'm glad they were thinking of his safety!
He wasn't at all bothered by the pink Minnie Mouse helmet. This did give me another Christmas idea for him though!

No comments:
Post a Comment