Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yea, for Pee-Pee!

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! Madison used the potty today!!! We went to church with G-Ma on Sunday, and then had lunch at Western Sizzlin' with Grandma Shaw, Rod, Craig & their families, before Uncle Clint & Abigail's wedding shower. When we got back to the house, I asked Madison if she wanted to try to potty, and she said, "Yes!" Well, we have tried and tried...and tried...but nothing has happened. I went into the bathroom with her, and was SO excited when I heard her actually using the potty!!! (I think it surprised her too!) Look at the sweet excitement on her little face. She was so proud! It was very sweet, because Mackenzie was so excited for her too! We had a big celebration, called Daddy & told him about it, and then ran to tell G-Ma. She celebrated with us, but it was a little bittersweet, because Pa wasn't there to see it. He would have been so excited for Madison. I can just see him doing a little happy dance in the hallway for her. (He would have been VERY proud that she made this big accomplishment at his house!) I know there will be many, many moments like this, when we will miss him so much & wish he were there with us. I am so proud of my big girl! (I am writing this blog post a few weeks later, and we have only had one other successful attempt at using the potty, but this is a start!) I am not sure what we are going to do when we go to public places...she is terrified of sitting on a regular toilet. She will only sit on her froggy potty! Time will tell, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment