Thursday, August 11, 2011

At the Beach

We had a great time with Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin! Hopefully, this will be a vacation that we go on several times over the years with them. We spent a lot of time on the beach. I love the beach, but it is SO MESSY! Getting cleaned up when we were finished was a ton of work, but it was worth it. I seriously think the girls' would sit and play in the sand all day, every day, if we let them. We literally sat on the beach for 4 or 5 hours at a time, and they were perfectly content to sit there under the umbrella, playing in the sand. I actually got to sit on the beach & read a book while they played! Brian built another very impressive sand castle. He decided that it would be a good idea to build a sand castle as tall as the girls, every year. I'm wondering how many years he will actually think that was a good plan! It wouldn't be a normal trip to the beach without burying somebody in the sand...Madison was the lucky one this year, and she loved it. I didn't think I would ever get all of the sand off of her! I just love Port Aransas, and all of the memories I have there as a kid. I'm so glad it will be part of my kids' childhood memories as well!

I know, I know...the hat doesn't really work for me! But, I sunburn so easily that it was helpful even though I'm not sure it was the right look for me.Another one, minus the hat! I love my family!Beach pictures are just too fun! It was a challenge to keep my camera out of the sand though.Grandma Baldwin made her sand coffee cup again.I was really surprised that she liked this so much!Daddy was the "worker" and Mackenzie was the "decorator!" Playing in the water with Daddy!Love her sweet little back! They really loved "decorating" Daddy's back with sand!This reminds me so much of a picture I took of Madison at the beach last year. She has grown so much in the past year!Mack loved feeding the seagulls!Madison liked it too, but she felt much safer standing behind her big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment