Saturday, April 30, 2011

Resurrection Eggs & Bedtime

We made it home Saturday afternoon around 5:00 and spent the evening making cookies, getting our clothes ready for Easter morning (which seemed to take forever!), hunting for "Resurrection Eggs" in the living room, and listening to Daddy explain what each one represented. We kind of forgot to do one each day leading up to Easter, so we very quickly went through them all. It lasted all of about 45 seconds, actually. Madison kept grabbing them and opening them, quicker than we could stop her. Mackenzie was paying attention though, and I think it was a great reminder of what Easter is really about. Thank you, God for sending Jesus to die on the cross so that we might have forgiveness for our sins. What a wonderful celebration Easter is, that we have a Risen Savior! At bedtime, Madison was still running a pretty high fever, so I decided to put her in bed with me, and Brian took the couch! (What a good daddy!) Well, it was raining and thundering a lot, and Mackenzie wasn't about to stay in her bed by herself, so we pulled the chaise over by the couch and made her a pallet by daddy. Both of the girls thought that was great fun! I tried to convince Brian that they could all just sleep there and I could go sleep in our bed by myself...that didn't happen! I was so thankful that we all got a pretty good night's sleep. I love the feeling of being all cozy, warm, and safe with my family while we listen to the rain fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment