Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mackenzie's Stories

Mackenzie is really into writing stories and making up songs these days! I always loved to "guess up" songs too, when I was a little girl. Here are some recent stories we have done together. She draws the picture and tells me what to write. She is very creative and keeps me laughing all the time!

Once upon a time there was a flower garden and butterfly and a sun. And they loved each other. One time there was a sparkle and then the sun came out and let the flowers get some more sun. The End.
Once upon a time there was a man who liked apples, strawberries and blueberries. There was a tree that had all kinds of fruit on it. And he liked that tree. (The picture is a man picking an apple off of the tree.)
Once upon a time there was a pig. He had a friend named Flower. Pig had lots of friends. He had friends named mountains and birds. His name starts with p-p-p-P! Pig and his friends eat doggy bones, corn dogs, and birds. Birds are funny when they fly.
A few days ago, Mackenzie was sitting at her little table in the kitchen while I was making cookies. She was making up stories and saying them out loud while "writing" them on paper like this. I wish so badly I would have video'd her. It was so funny! I bet she did it for almost 30 minutes and filled up a LOT of sheets of paper like this.
This time she made a real "Book" by taping pieces of paper together. She wanted to name her story "A Butterfly Named Su-Su" (Where she comes up with these things, I don't know!)
Page 1: Once upon a time there was a horsey, a butterfly, and a flower. They played and played and played until they got so, so tired. They went to sleep and then they woke up and played with their toys all day long. Their Mommy said, "Time for dinner!"
Page 2: And they said, "Okay, and they smiled back at their moms. Then some birds flew in their yard and they started finding bread. Then the birds played all day long and their Moms said, "Time for dinner!" They said, "Okay!" and they smiled back at their Moms.
Page 3: There was a fence and it was special. I love my family. I love the fence. (I'm not sure what happened to the story at this point, but she drew each family member on the fence!) From left to right: G-Ma, Pa, Grandma Baldwin, Momma, Daddy, Grandpa Baldwin, Poppa Jim, Grandma Shaw, Mackenzie and Madison!

No comments:

Post a Comment