Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Easter! He Is Risen!

Looking back, Easter morning was kind of a blur. At STBC on Easter, we have "Portraits, Pastries & Praise" and I was asked to be one of the photographers again this year. I was hesitant to do it, because it really makes things kind of crazy for me, but I went ahead and said yes. I was a little overwhelmed, because Madison was still running a fever and couldn't go into childcare. So, Brian, being the SuperDad that he is, took care of her all morning. I don't know who enjoyed that the least...him or Madison! The poor little thing cried for me practically the whole time he had her. Before leaving for church, we gave the girls their Easter baskets. We didn't really pretend that the "Easter Bunny" came, but just told them their Easter baskets were from us. We really don't want to make them believe something about Easter that isn't true, when really the TRUTH and the reason we celebrate Easter, is that Jesus is ALIVE! I may have overdone it on filling their baskets...but hey, they weren't very big to start with. Easter baskets are like stockings at Christmas...they are just SO much fun! We were so glad that Danny and Amy and the kids came to church with us on Easter. Mackenzie even went into the church service instead of going into her class, since Bailey was there. After church, we grabbed a quick lunch at Sonic and then headed to Lake Eufaula for the day. Did I mention that it pretty much POURED down rain, all day long?! Maybe that was God's way of reminding us that Easter really isn't about hunting eggs, but about celebrating Him!

Mackenzie drew this picture during Choir the Wednesday night before Easter. She drew Mackenzie, Madison, Daddy, Pa, Mommy and G-Ma. I love how she wrote her name down below...when she ran out of room, she just finished her name up above the first letters!Hallelujah! He is Risen!

Madison loved her ladybug ball!Mackenzie loved her puppy & new "Squinkies!"They had about 2 minutes to see what they got, then we dumped all of their goodies into Wal-Mart sacks and took them with us in the car. We were running late! I didn't even have a chance to get a picture of the girls together in their matching dresses. Eating "Pastries!" Mackenzie loved it that they had donuts shaped like little chicks...and they were pink! What more could a girl ask for?!Madison didn't care anything about eating a donut...she still didn't feel good. Mackenzie really loves "Pastor Ted." They bonded over that TV commercial! After church, Rhiley Smith and her parents brought a baby duck for the girls to see! Of course, they loved it! I'm just glad it went back home with the Smith's instead of coming to our house. Grandma Baldwin jokingly said they almost got us rabbits...I'm glad she was just joking.Madison wasn't sure at first, but finally stuck out her little finger to touch the baby duck!The girls got several Easter cards in the mail. G-Ma picked out REALLY cute ones! They got a package from Pa & G-Ma about a week before Easter, with new panties for both of them, little bunny rabbits, and these cute cards!
G-Ma even drew special pictures for them! They also got cards from Poppa Jim! I think it is so sweet that he sends them both the same card, and he drew pictures for them too!I remember Poppa drawing this bird picture from when I was little. Uncle Stephen & Aunt Tamara sent cute cards too!

No comments:

Post a Comment