This morning, the girls and I got up and went to the Donut Shop and then went garage saling. First, we emptied their piggy banks into a baggy so they would have some spending $! There was a neighborhood garage sale over by the church and it was CRAZY! I have never, ever seen anything like it...there were cars parked all along the street and you couldn't hardly even drive in the neighborhood at all. We parked and walked around, but didn't find anything. There were so many people that you could hardly even see what all there was. And, it was already 80* at 10:00 this morning. I am loving this warmer weather! After that, we found a few other garage sales that were better. The girls got some new books, a Barbie car, and a Barbie backpack. Mackenzie bought some lemonade from a little boy at one house, because when she saw it she said, "Mommy, I sure am thirsty!" Then, at our last stop, we hit the jackpot...we found a Dora Talking House! There was no way we could not get it once they saw it! I got it for $20, and when I got home I looked on Ebay and they are selling for $50-$80! I love it when I get good deals like that. It is in perfect condition and came with several accessories. Madison really loves "Dor-da" these days, and that is ALL she wants to watch on tv. Oh, I wish Grandma Jean were here to go garage sales with us. Her love for garage sales is being passed down another generation though, because this morning when I said, "Do you girls want to go garage saling?" they both said, "YEAH!" really loudly! As if we need any more toys or junk around here! But hey, it's fun and you never know what you're going to find. And, we are having our own garage sale in a few weeks and we can always resell the stuff we buy if we decide we don't want it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment