Friday, April 12, 2024

JSB 2024

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

Couldn't help but think of this song, looking at Mackenzie in her beautiful blue Cinderella-like dress and "glass" slippers. From the time she was tiny, she has loved wearing princess dresses, and somehow here we are...at her Junior year JSB. I can't think on that too long, or I'll start crying. She could not have looked any more beautiful...she was stunning! Her dress was perfect--so thankful for Cristal and her sewing skills--what a blessing she was to us. She didn't let us pay her a penny, but told me to use whatever money I would have spent on altering to help with our Portugal trip. So sweet! 

JSB was held at the Devon Boathouse in downtown OKC. Everyone met at a park close to there to take pictures beforehand. Mackenzie rode with her friends and we met them there. I was worried about having enough time to take good pictures, but clearly...I managed to take plenty of good pictures! =0) When Mackenzie walked up in her dress, it literally took my breath away...of course I had seen her earlier in the day with her hair done, but this was different. To see it all come together, it was just a beautiful sight! And let's be real--getting to this point took a ton of work, thought, time and money...and here we were, with the finished product--I could not have been happier! And the best part was that Mackenzie was so happy and it was obvious that she felt beautiful and special. #goalachieved.

After pictures, the kids took off for the Boathouse and we all went our separate ways. Mackenzie said they had a fun time. It is definitely a bummer that they don't get to dance at JSB. (The woes of private christian school kids!) It's really just a fancy dress up night with dinner and some awards and things to honor the seniors. They did have an after party at First Southern for a little while afterwards, and she said that was fun too. Madi stayed at home with the boys for the evening, and Brian and I went to Charleston's on a date after pictures.
Overall, it was a great night! 

Mackenzie,
You are beautiful, inside and out! 
You will always be our Princess.
Vicki got each of the four girls getting ready at their house corsages to match their dresses. So thoughtful and pretty!
Proud Dad!

Vicki took these pretty pictures:
Lol...well, it was a nice thought...hahahahaha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment