Saturday, January 13, 2024

Headed for the NBA

My favorite moment of the whole basketball season, right here!!
JONAH SCORES!!!
Jonah loves playing basketball & he is improving so much this season. It has also been a bit painful to watch--his team has lost every single game--by a lot. No doubt, there is a bit of frustration over how they split the teams up this year. CHA did an A team and a B team, which left the B team with basically no chance of winning any games against many teams that are older and more experienced than them. However...the plus side to this is that Jonah is actually getting so much more playing time, instead of sitting on the bench. (There are only 6 boys on our team.) So even though they are losing every game, he is gaining so much experience and practice, which is really more valuable. As a mom though, it is also hard to watch them be so defeated, week after week. I will say though, that Jonah has the best attitude and he never gives up. 
Jonah has shot the ball several times this season, so when he finally scored his first basket, it was so exciting!! And the really fun part was that it was during the game against the other CHA 5th grade team that a lot of his friends are on. One of the boys on the other team ran over to Jonah after he scored and patted him on the back and told him good job. It was the sweetest & it encouraged my heart so much. I know it made Jonah feel good! 
I love this kid!
Look how much bigger this kid is than Jonah! This was the week they played the CHA 6th grade team. 
January 20th game, against the other CHA 5th grade team...I was not looking forward to this game, but it ended up being my favorite of the season, because Jonah scored his first basket! It. Was. Awesome! I loved it that the boys on the other team were very sweet and encouraging to Jonah when he scored.
I know these pictures are blurry, but I love the smile on his face after he scored! 
Poppa is Jack's Skittles and Ring Pop provider at the basketball game every week! 
Two separate teams...ALL Crusaders! 
Poppa LOVES watching Jonah play basketball! 
Jack isn't going to be left out...

No comments:

Post a Comment