Saturday, August 26, 2023

The Call

Mackenzie, Madi and I went to The Call conference at OBU on Saturday. This is one of the events that Brian helps plan every year. I usually am not able to come, because it falls on Jonah's birthday weekend, but I made it happen this time. This is a one day conference, for students who feel called to missions/ministry. We got to hang out with Jamie and our Open Door friends, and the girls also got to see Katelyn. They were so excited about that! They even got to go see her dorm room, which they thought was so cool.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" He said, "Go and tell this people... Isaiah 6:8-9

It was a great day! This is what Brian posted about it:
God is still calling out young people to serve Him in ministry/missions, and those young people are answering that call! So thankful to the Lord for an impactful day at The Call Conference!
Oklahoma Baptist Youth Leaders are working hard to equip their students whom God is Calling. Partnering with them is the greatest joy in my job! Man I love them and am proud of them!
OBU is serious about assisting our churches to raise up the next generation of leaders! Appreciate the amazing leadership of Heath Thomas and his team!
The Oklahoma Baptist Youth Ministry team I work with are the very best! My assistant Carly Beth Snedeker made things happen yal!
The students in attendance today filled my heart with so much hope and encouragement! #revivalgeneration

Then I posted:
Brian, it is a joy and a privilege to serve the Lord with you. You thanked so many publicly today for their work on The Call conference, and I know you want or need no recognition for yourself...but as your wife, I can say what I want--so--you're pretty great! You always go above and beyond, you give 100% and work so hard to point others to Jesus. You lead by example, and the passion you have for sharing the Gospel is an amazing thing. I'm so glad we get to live out the Call God has placed on our life together! Today was great. 
I love you! ❤️
Mackenzie was also so happy to see Shyla there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment