Tuesday, August 22, 2023

August Misc

The first half of August is all about getting settled in at home after camp & getting ready to go back to school. The second half of August is spent trying to acclimate to being back in school and adjusting to being back on a schedule. The girls and I didn't get back from Portugal until August 4th, and we hit the ground running from that point on. Here are some of our misc. August memories!
I missed my baby when I was gone to Portugal! We cuddled a lot when I got back home.
The island of Maui suffered severe devastation from wildfires this month. So sad watching all of the footage of Lahaina just completely burned down. That is still my favorite place that we've ever been in the whole world. Just a few throwback pics...
Daddy and Jack went shopping for food while I was gone to Portugal...looks like they've got it covered!
Accurate depiction of what life feels like right now! =0) At least its all in the closet and not strung out across the living room right now, right?!
All Daddy and Jack need to entertain them is a leaf blower! 
Every. Single. Night. His hands are full of toys when its time for bed.
Bike ride with Daddy to Braums for ice cream! 
Sometimes shopping makes you sleepy!
Mack found a turtle while she was working in our neighbors yard, so she brought it over to visit! 
I'm official now that I've been a co-coordinator on a GoStudents trip...I get my own fancy jacket!
Mackenzie is still having a hard time with her breathing and her chest hurting, so we are still trying to get to the bottom of it. Chesca did some bloodwork, and it all came back good.
Shopping for cheer pic dresses! Their style could not be more different! 
We are pretty good buddies, can you tell?
We went to Jessica Conrad's wedding in Tulsa.
We enjoyed visiting with the Bayless's during dinner.
At the end of summer, we are literally out of everything at our house. GMa is the greatest blessing to us, in so many ways. She took me to Sams and bought us over $500 worth of household supplies and groceries to get us started with the school year. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for this gift! 
Having an organized, stocked pantry and fridge makes me happy! 
School shopping! 
The sweetest!
Jack has no fear...he climbs all the way to the top of this thing. 
It's the first day all the kids were at school on Thursday...what ever shall I do?!
Jack drags this slide all over the place, using it as a ladder to get things he can't reach. 
Here it is...proof that the toy closet is sometimes cleaned up and organized! It just doesn't last very long.
Jack has a fun time in Kids church at ECC. He always wants Jonah to go in there with him though.
Late night silly faces! We are still working on getting Jack to sleep in his own bed. So far, not working very well...
Jonah's birthday list...he's not getting a cat! 
Madi and the raw egg...will she do it?!
What would we do without Connie?! She sure is a blessing to us! It didn't take but a week or so into the school year and Madi was already calling her for Geometry help. She came up for Jonah's birthday party, so they did a little work afterwards.
GMa got Jonah a new desk for his birthday! 
Showing school spirit for the first day of school!
Jack really didn't want his brother and sisters to leave him on the first day of school. 
Big kids first day of school...means donuts for Jack after drop off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment