Friday, May 15, 2020

WE MADE IT!!!

I just want to say one more time how much I really did enjoy this distance learning experience with my kids! The school sent out a survey, asking how we felt about it... 1 being "Oh boy, I hope we never have to do that again," and 5 being "I would like to see this implanted more in the future." I fell in the middle...I do hope they can just go back to school as normal next year, but I am going to MISS them like crazy when they do! There were days at the end of March/beginning of April when the last day of school felt like it would never come...but here we are! We did it! Madison & Jonah were just a little excited to be done with school, and they may have rubbed it in a little to Mackenzie, who still had finals the following week. I finally had to tell Madison that if she didn't stop bragging about being done, I was going to make up some more work for her to do the next week...that put an end to that real quick! 
We spent Friday morning finishing schoolwork, then we had a "pizza party" to celebrate for lunch, and then we worked on cleaning up our "school room" and putting all of our stuff away for the summer. Now we can move on to the next thing, which is getting ready for our baby to come! We may be stuck at home, but life is definitely not too boring around here! 
Brian's FB post was very sweet...

We didn't exactly succeed on the jumping videos, but it was funny! 
My caption when I posted this picture was:
"Savoring this moment in time...online learning has not been easy...but I will always look back on it with a smile, because of moments like this..."
Not quite as organized as when we first started 8 weeks ago...but not too bad! This system worked really well for us! 
AFTER:
BEFORE:

No comments:

Post a Comment