Monday, May 18, 2020

FC 2020: EVEN NOW Update #2: CANCELLED

On May 18th, the official decision was announced that there would be no Falls Creek this summer at all. We found out the week before...it is going to be so, so strange to not be at camp at all this summer. Our kids are not even going to know what to do with themselves, stuck at home all summer! They have never experienced a summer without camp or week after week youth/church activities.
It is a bittersweet feeling for sure, because it will definitely be easier to have Brian at home more, with the baby coming, but still sad there's no camp. A few people joked with me and said, "Have you been praying for this to happen?" Well, of course not!! But, since it is happening, I guess its okay to be thankful for it! There have only been a few other times in the 100+ year history of FC that camp has been cancelled...I know one of them was for WWII and I think another was because of some kind of pandemic. 

Personally, this has been a big lesson for me about how worrying and being anxious over things doesn't accomplish anything. I remember when I found out I was pregnant at the end of October, and realized this baby would be coming in the middle of camp and thinking "HOW in the world will we do that?" Well...I wasted a lot of time fretting over nothing, now didn't I?! God's plans are bigger than ours, and He sees what we can't see. 

Here is my FB post:
"Well, who would have ever dreamed that this would happen...good news though...God isn't surprised by it and He is still in control! 
** Our kids are going to be bored to tears at home all summer...they won't know what to do with themselves! 
Sad and happy over here today...we will miss our FC family this summer so much, but I'm also thankful for the extra time we will have to welcome this new baby!"

Since we can't have camp as normal, the plan is to do 14 FC Roadshows across the state of Oklahoma, from the last week of June through the end of July. So Brian is still going to be very busy with that, but that's okay! 

I already can't wait for the summer of 2021 when we can have normal Falls Creek again! (and when I won't be pregnant...and when I won't be as big as a whale...and when we aren't dealing with coronavirus and social distancing...etc. etc. etc.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment