Monday, March 16, 2020

A Different Kind of Spring Break

Spring Break this year did not turn out ANYTHING like we had been planning. First of all, back in the summer, we booked a cruise with the Phares' and the Philips', that we had to cancel when we found out I was pregnant. Turns out though, they didn't get to go either because their cruise was cancelled at the last minute, the day before they were supposed to get on the boat. Bummer all around! We were pretty much just planning to hang out around the house anyway, but with the corona virus outbreak shutting pretty much everything down, we were forced into staying at home the entire week. This was not the most exciting or happiest of Spring Breaks, but at least we were together and we were healthy & safe. 
I was feeling a little overwhelmed by (seemingly) everyone's "fun, creative" plans for Spring Break, so I put together this little Spring Break "Don't Go Crazy" Plan, to try to keep the kids from being bored to death or on electronics around the clock. Some favorites from the board were playing hide and seek in the dark, coloring contest, FaceTiming with family, watching old home videos, making muffins, playing board games, and trips to Braums and Sonic! 
And we did go on one outing, to get the girls haircuts at Stacey's shop one day! I'm so glad we got to do that before salons were ordered to close for 8 weeks. The kids also got to spend a couple nights at G-Ma's house towards the end of the week, which worked out great because I had to go take my 1 hr glucose test (failed it) and ended up having a rough few days. The truth is that I spent the last few days of Spring Break crying pretty much around the clock. I think I was just very tired of being pregnant, feeling huge and ugly, stressed about the coronavirus and how serious it seemed to be, feeling like a failure as a wife and mother, and completely overwhelmed by the thought of "homeschooling" our kids during the third trimester of this pregnancy. It was just way too much...but I made it through it! 
Daddy & the kids sent Olivia a Happy Birthday video!
Hide & Seek is so much fun!! Especially when you're little enough to fit in tiny spaces! Oh, and yes...we need to get rid of this laundry basket. 
This was Sunday, March 15th...the last Sunday we had church before everything shut down. We started to stay at home on this morning, but I'm so glad we went. Our friend Parker Craig was baptized this morning too! 
Watching Frozen 2! 
Having a Bible study with Daddy...
Coloring contest! 
This was very funny...Daddy was trying to get us to guess "coronavirus." After I knew what it was, I totally got it...but I just couldn't get there on my own! Haha! 
Me too, Buddy, Me too... =0) 
And those socks...man, I love this little boy!! 
We went out to G-Ma's house for dinner on Wednesday evening and the kids spent two nights with her. It worked out great, because I had to go do my glucose test on Thursday morning. And it gave them a change of scenery for a couple days! 
Back together Friday evening...family breakfast and charades on Saturday morning! This was good for my soul!
We love Skip-Bo!
Mrs. Crabb sent a 30 day drawing challenge to the kids over Spring Break...I think we did 3 days of it...lol! Once real "homeschool" started, the drawing challenge went out the window. It was fun at first though! 
This is Jonah's picture of himself...
And Jonah's favorite place picture...who knew?! 
Daddy likes to call Mackenzie "the teenager." =0) 
I love our teenager! 

No comments:

Post a Comment