Here are a few pics of some school things of Jonah's, before things went haywire and the regular school year ended abruptly. March 2nd was Mrs. Crabb's birthday...I didn't realize it until that morning, so I went and bought some cupcakes & a gift and we had a little party that afternoon! Of all the years for me to sign up to help as a classroom mom...hahaha! I definitely haven't gotten an A+ for that job, but I've tried to do my best, given the circumstances. I was glad we could celebrate Mrs. Crabb!
Jonah started going to TEACH in February, and we are excited to see how that helps him. Even though he only got to go for 3 or 4 weeks before Covid-19 happened, we were already starting to see some small improvements. He seems to enjoy going & getting to work one-on-one with his therapist.
Jonah was very proud that his George Washington picture was on display in the classroom! I am SO proud of him and impressed with how his coloring has improved this year! Not that long ago, he scribbled everything, and 99% of the time, it was ALL blue!

My little leftie, hard at work!

Daddy helped Jonah with his "disguise a snowman" project!
Learning spelling words this year has been a little bit painful...for us all! Because Jonah has some speech delays and still says some of the sounds wrong, it's really hard to learn how to spell the words correctly. He works so hard though, and we are very proud of him. We've started just doing 10 of the 20 spelling words and its helping a lot!
Jonah made this picture for me at school, on Madison's birthday and brought it to me at lunch! Man, I love this kid!!
And who would have ever dreamed this would be his last "normal" day of 1st grade at school, and his last 1st grade lunch in the cafeteria?! (They went the next day, but just for half of the day...pretty much just to take home their supplies and things they would need to learn from home.)





No comments:
Post a Comment