The last week of January was basketball homecoming and they had different dress-up days for the "Back to the Future" theme. I loved the thought process behind that theme..."Time is flying, and we're ready to take look back on our history. Even though our culture changes as decades pass, our God never does. Hebrews 13:8 assures us, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." In this verse, we can trust that our God will remain constant for us, and we can know to secure our foundation in Him because He never changes."
These weeks are always fun, but they are also extra work. I basically told the kids if we had things at home already that would work, they could dress up, but that we weren't going to go thrift store shopping to find costumes for them to wear to school every day.
Mackenzie got especially creative for Ancient Greek day, and completely came up with this costume on her own! She even painted little leaves and glued them onto this headband to wear. I loved the entire thing and was completely impressed!

These weeks are always fun, but they are also extra work. I basically told the kids if we had things at home already that would work, they could dress up, but that we weren't going to go thrift store shopping to find costumes for them to wear to school every day.
Mackenzie got especially creative for Ancient Greek day, and completely came up with this costume on her own! She even painted little leaves and glued them onto this headband to wear. I loved the entire thing and was completely impressed!
Madison and Jonah looked very cute, but we didn't have any "Ancient Greek" outfits for them to wear! They still needed their pics taken though. =0)
Tuesday was "Fabulous Fifties" and this time it was Jonah and Madison who dressed up, and Mackenzie who didn't have a costume! It worked out okay...they at least all got to dress up a few times throughout the week!
So Cute!
Madison put this all together herself too...so fun!
Wednesday was "Groovy Seventies" and Mackenzie rocked this day in the tye-dye shirt Daddy had tucked away in his closet!
Thursday was "Rad Nineties" and this was probably my favorite! I was wishing I had saved some of my jeans overalls that I loved so much when I was in high school! But...I did dig out my "Candace and Brian FOREVER" t-shirt that I screen printed in 1997...doesn't get any more authentic 90's than that! Madison wasn't too sure about wearing it at first, but then she decided it would be fun! I'm pretty sure she kept her jean jacket on most of the day though. =0) 

No comments:
Post a Comment