Mackenzie,
Today you are 12 years old!
Every single day of the past 12 years and 9 months, you have brought a special kind of joy and happiness to my life that I didn't know before you came along. You gave me the gift of motherhood & you are one of God's greatest gifts to me! Over the past year, I have watched you blossom from a little girl into a beautiful young lady. You are grown up in so many ways, but kind of in this in-between stage...I know it won't last long, but I am going to love every day of it! You know, things like the fact that you want to wear my clothes, even though they are too big on you, you grab ahold of my hand when I pick you up from school or when we're walking through the grocery store, your eyes still light up when I come to see you at lunch, you still leave me sweet little notes, and you will still occasionally play make believe with your brother and sister!
12 is in the middle...no longer little but not yet big. It's the sweet spot and one of the most special times of all. You like to hang with the grown-ups, but you also like to play with the little kids. You still like to color and draw, but you also want to paint your nails and straighten your hair. You are becoming your very own person and that is so exciting to watch! You are responsible and trustworthy, you are diligent and determined, you are smart and your sense of humor is so much fun! You are helpful to me in so many ways & you are eager to please. You are a friend to many & just the kind of person that people like to be around.
"12" makes my heart squeeze...I am so blessed to have been on this journey of life with you thus far, and I can't wait to see who you become over the next several years! But for now...I'm just going to savor 12 & enjoy every single day with my girl!
When you opened your gift that was a straightener for your hair tonight, you said, "I can be a mini you, Momma!" And my heart nearly burst! That is the beauty of 12 years old, sweet girl, and I will cherish it forever!
As always, my greatest prayer for you is not that you are successful, smart, have lots of friends, etc. ....but instead that you follow hard after Jesus and put him first in all you do!
Always remember, I am your #1 fan!
Happy Birthday, sweet girl!
I hope 12 is your best year yet!
Love you forever,
Momma





No comments:
Post a Comment