Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Field trip #2 for Jonah was a trip to the Pumpkin Patch & then to Reeves Park in Norman for a picnic.  The kids had a great time & so did the moms! We went to the TG Farms location in Norman, and G-Ma even came by to say hi for a few minutes when we first got there. The kids got to play on the slides, feed the adorable little goats, go through a very LONG corn maze & pick out a pumpkin to take home with them at the end.
Sweetest picture ever, of Jonah and his new buddy, Owen, walking through the corn maze!
I took the picture & Kelly asked if she could post it...I love what she wrote so I'm going to share it here, and I wholeheartedly agree!
"This has to be one of my favorite pictures of all time. It is a perfect reminder to me that God's plans are so much greater and more wonderful than we can ever imagine. His plans are always perfect. I wanted so badly for Owen to have a special friend at school, and I prayed that he would make friends quickly as he started the school year in a brand new place (to him). Owen & Jonah met before the school year began at a back-to-school picnic for the 4th grade class, because they both have sisters in the 4th grade. They were the only two little boys there, and as it turned out, they were able to start the school year already having a friend. They have turned out to be the best of friends, and both families are so grateful that they have each other. It reminds me of God's abundant love for us, that He cares about every single little detail in our lives, even orchestrating precious friendships for our 5-year-old little boys as they begin what will be a long journey at a new school. And the best part is they had no idea this picture was even being taken by Jonah's mom. They were just walking through the corn maze together like this!"
Uh-Oh!
Kelly is quickly becoming a very good friend! She is so fun & loves taking pictures maybe even more than I do! 
Hurry up, Mommy! This pumpkin is getting heavy!
Mrs. Garner was teaching Jonah about how pumpkins grow.
Jonah and I had so much fun swinging at the park! It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment