Tuesday, July 24, 2018

VBS at Maya Mopan

This VBS day was the best! We were in a village called Maya Mopan & the kids there was just so sweet! And there were a LOT of them!! My heart is melting over this picture above, of Mackenzie with these two precious little Belize girls. Mackenzie did an amazing job on this mission trip...I couldn't be prouder of her! She didn't complain, she did whatever was asked of her, and she was just a joy to be around. Watching her interact with the little ones here made me think back to my first mission trip experience like this, in Wentzville, Missouri. I was probably around 15 years old, so a little older than her, but not much. I really think that was when God started to teach me what serving and doing missions really means. We hope and pray that this week will be a spiritual marker, of sorts, for Mackenzie. I know it has been for me!
It's pretty cool to look back on our life and see the path God has laid out for us. I jokingly say all the time that if I would say yes, Brian would have us packed up and on a plane for a foreign country to be missionaries tomorrow. That's not the call God has placed on our life, but it is so cool that He has put us in this role to be able to do Missions in this unique way. Brian has such a heart for sharing the Gospel...not only does he get to personally participate in Missions around the world through GoStudents, but he gets to be instrumental in sending hundreds of teenagers each summer to do Missions and tell people about Jesus through this amazing ministry! 
Mackenzie helped some of the girls with motions to the songs!
Jesus Loves the Little Children...
All the children of the world...
Red & Yellow, Black & White...
They're all precious in His sight...
Jesus loves the little children of the world!!
All those hours we spent putting together crafts were SO worth it...
I really wanted to take them home with me!!
Precious.
Daddy took Mackenzie out for a quick swim in the ocean when we got back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment