Mackenzie is very quickly becoming a young lady, and I've known for some time now that it was just about time to have "the" talk with her. (Oh my stars! Deep. Breaths.) After doing some research, Brian and I decided that using the Passport to Purity curriculum would be a good way to teach her about God's design for sex and marriage and all the changes that will be happening to her body soon. Part of the Passport to Purity is planning a fun little get away, or something special with your daughter as you go through it. Well, I thought...what better time, than when I have this one-on-one time with Mackenzie in Belize?! So on Sunday, while the group went back to the villages we had been to on Saturday, Mackenzie and I stayed at the Nautical Inn. The Passport to Purity is great, because it is all on CD...they say the hard parts for you...and then you pause the CD to do activities and have conversations about what you just heard. It comes with a Passport workbook that Mackenzie could write notes in and have to keep too. She did great & seemed to take it all in pretty well! There were definitely a few embarrassing moments for her, but I don't think it traumatized her or anything! We did the first two sessions during the morning and then decided to find something to eat. My plan was to call a taxi, but that didn't exactly work. We couldn't get ahold of anyone, so the sweet lady at the front desk said there were some bikes we could borrow if we wanted to ride about 3 miles. Huh??? Well, we were hungry, so we hopped on those bikes and took off! It. Was. HOTTTTTTTT. We didn't make it to the place Brian had recommended, but found another little restaurant that ended up being just perfect. I so enjoyed having lunch on that patio with Mackenzie that day! And we both loved our "American" food! The bike ride back was not a great experience though...a car drove by and got way too close to Mackenzie and scared her..she fell forward on her bike and hurt herself between her legs. I felt so bad...she cried and cried, and didn't want to get back on the bike. We walked & pushed our bikes at least half of the 3 miles back to the Nautical Inn. Did I mention how HOTTTTTT it was?! UGH!!! By the time we got back, we were definitely ready to jump in the pool! (Brian was totally impressed with us for riding bikes that far in that heat!)
This was the view out our window...we were literally steps from the water...beautiful!
This was a day I will never forget with Mackenzie!
One of the activities involved making Play-doh people. Once the colors are mixed, they can never be the same again. There was also a puzzle activity, and a water balloon activity that went terribly wrong! We had fun doing these though!
I'm LOVING the reflection on her cool new sunglasses!
Here we go!!
There was a little oil on Mackenzie's bike...haha!
Just biking through Belize!
I totally should have made her wear tennis shoes...I'm so glad her feet didn't get hurt.
We were HAPPY to sit down in this shaded patio area with big fans overhead!
Such a fun, special time with my girl!!
Look how cool this ceiling was!
Very happy about her cheeseburger & fries!
I got fish & chips!
And we decided we deserved some chocolate cake too, after all that hot bike riding!
These cute little lizards were everywhere in Belize!
Here we go again... (I felt like I was on Three's Company, riding this old style of bike)
Come and knock on my door...
I will never forget looking up and seeing that Nautical Inn sign...I was SO happy when we made it back!
We persevered and did something hard!
This is what Mackenzie's legs looked like when it was over...lol! It took a LOT of scrubbing to get all of that oil off!
We couldn't wait to jump in the pool!!
After cooling off in the pool, we just relaxed until the group came back!
We tried to FaceTime G-Ma, Madi & Jonah but we didn't get ahold of them. Our service there was pretty sketchy.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment