Mackenzie and I did our own thing Monday too, to finish up the Passport to Purity. I'm so glad I had the chance to go through this with her. We live in a world that tells so many lies about sex, body image, marriage...everything really...and it was really important to Daddy and me that Mackenzie learn what God says about those things first. I also hope this will open up the door for Mackenzie to know that she can always come to me with any questions she may have.
For our fun activity today, (we definitely weren't up for bike riding again) we went into Placencia for lunch and some shopping. We actually got a ride into town with Roger and his wife, the owners of the Nautical Inn, so that was great! We found another cute little restaurant right on the water & had shrimp & fries. Then we went shopping and Mackenzie bought her a new backpack that is very "Belizian!" Then we found the Gelato shop before finding a taxi to take us back to Seine Bight. We finished up our last session & then laid in the hammock for a while before the group came back. I felt kind of bad missing out on two ministry days, but I also felt like I really needed this time with Mackenzie. It was important, and I think she and I will always both remember it! 

Our view at lunch...not bad!

Sooooooo good!!! I wanted it to last forever...it was sooooo hot!
Have to add these in here...we saw a lot of these Iguanas in Belize. Some of them were huge!
In the taxi, headed back to our room! Mackenzie was very proud of her new backpack!
I love it!!
I'd say this is a pretty good way to spend some time!























No comments:
Post a Comment