I signed the girls up for Volleyball Camp at CHA, their new school, this week. They were both a little nervous about it...well, Madison just downright did NOT want to go, but I knew it would be good for them. I was hoping it would be a way for them to maybe make a few friends before school starts next month. The first day, I ended up staying most of the time, because Madison was just not wanting me to leave. It definitely makes me a little apprehensive about how she will do at the beginning of the school year. I think they had a great time though, and everyone seemed to be very friendly to them. There wasn't as much interaction time among the girls, for them to really get to know anyone, as I had hoped, but that was okay. I met a couple of moms who were super sweet to me & have already texted me and offered to help us get settled in at CHA! It was really just good for us to be at the school and get a little feel for what it will be like there. I have a really good feeling about it!
In case you're wondering...this is a forced smile, trying not to cry kind of face. But she sure looks cute!
Mackenzie's friend Ashlyn was doing volleyball camp too, so she already knew somebody going in, which made it a little easier for her.
Can't leave Jonah out! He's going to be a CHA'er too!!
It's a little lumpy, but I'm improving!
All smiles after the first day was over!
Jonah and I did slip out for about 30 minutes and went to Dunkin' Donuts for a shark bite donut! I have a feeling we will be stopping at this place a lot since its right by the school.
Madi did get hit in the knee with the volleyball one day, which was almost really bad. But several girls loved on her and I think she was okay with the extra attention!
Praying that we will make some sweet new friends in this group of girls!
Bonus: they each have a CHA shirt to wear! Every Friday at school is CHA shirt day, so we at least have a shirt for the first Friday now! This picture also makes me think about how thankful I am that they have each other!

No comments:
Post a Comment