Saturday, December 9, 2017

Sick Kids = Changed Plans

You've gotta love it when everything is planned out perfectly, and then it all goes out the window when someone gets sick. Such is life, I guess! This happened a couple of times during December...the first was the night of our connection group Christmas party. Madison started running a fever and I ended up staying home with the kids while Brian went to the party. 
Then again the weekend of the Baldwin Christmas party...Mackenzie and Jonah were sick and we weren't able to go to that either. I really thought they had strep, but it was just some kind of viral thing. I hate it when my babes are sick!
Since we weren't able to see Santa at the Baldwin Christmas party, Santa dropped off a present for each of the kids at our house! That made them feel better for a little while at least.
And the best part of all this was that we got it out of our system before Christmas came!
Special delivery from Santa!

I was too tired to even disguise my handwriting...hahaha! It's a good thing they know Santa is just for fun!
I love this picture of Jonah showing Daddy his new present!
It's almost too big and heavy for his little head!
And I KNEW it wouldn't take long for this to happen! LOL! My Instagram post said...
When your son gets a really cool present and you momentarily become a kid again and forget that it belongs to him and not you...
#ijustwishihadthiswholethingonvideo
The next morning I had to deliver about 20 dozen cookies to Tulsa. We were all planning to go, but since Mack and Jonah were sick, one of us had to stay home with them. So....I thought about sending Brian to Tulsa with the cookies, but then I thought...hmm...NO! He gets to go everywhere, so this time I'm going and he can stay home with the kids! Ha! As the pictures below probably show, I really enjoyed a day to myself, out of the house! I went to church at STBC and got to be there for the Choir Christmas program, then I made cookie deliveries and stopped by Connie's house to visit for about an hour before driving home.
Meanwhile, back at home...Daddy was taking care of the sickies...
Poor Jonah coughed and coughed so much at night that he couldn't sleep. But of course he could sleep during the day! 
Poor girl didn't feel well at all...
Instagram:
When you haven't slept in 6 nights because of a coughing kid, and you have an extremely busy day...this is the only way to start it. #yawn
Oh yeah, and Snickers with almonds, my own special way! 
1. Chocolate first, all the way around
2. Then the white nougat part
3. That leaves only the caramel and almonds...delish!
4. Wash your sticky fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment