Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Morning

MERRY CHRISTMAS MORNING!!
So we have this rule at our house on Christmas morning...no kids are allowed to come into the living room until they are all awake and sing us a Christmas song at the top of their lungs! It works great...whoever wakes up first, wakes the others up and then their singing wakes us up...we grab the cameras and don't miss them running in to open their presents! *Genius! 
This year, the big presents were a new bike for Jonah, an American Girl doll for Madison & an electric guitar for Mackenzie. Oh, and a basketball goal! Then there are the stockings...oh, I LOVE the stockings...I always tell myself to keep it simple and don't go overboard, but somehow that never seems to happen! Then I tell myself its okay, because we only have so many Christmas's while they are little.
We always love having G-Ma with us on Christmas morning! After opening presents, I made a big breakfast and then the kids made a birthday cake for Jesus. Then it was time to get ready to go to the lake for Christmas with the Baldwin's. There are so many things I love about the Christmas season, but nothing is sweeter than Christmas morning at home!
The aftermath...
Mackenzie made this video for my Christmas present, and you can be sure there were many happy tears shed when I watched it the first time...how completely precious is she!! Can't she just stay 11 forever?! Brian helped her record herself singing and she put the slideshow together. That's something she has learned to do at school this year. This is my definitely my favorite present this Christmas!
Here they are, singing at the top of the stairs and waiting for the green light to come down!
I love Jonah's face in this one! He was very excited about this puppy dog that came in his stocking!
Mackenzie wasn't asking for an electric guitar specifically, but we thought she would love it...and she did! Now Daddy just needs to teach her to really play it!
Madison wanted this years American Girl doll, Tenney, more than anything!
She's a natural!
Matching PJ's for Madison & her AG doll!
Another addition to our Toy Story collection.
A Batman bow-tie...how fun!
These are kinda like "boy-Barbies" at our house! 
And the last present...our old iphones for the girls...they were SO EXCITED! (Just for use as an iPod, not a real phone yet!)
And a Kindle Fire for Jonah...I'm not sure what this face was about! 
I like this sweet smile much more!
Mackenzie has learned how to use an app to do photo editing. She makes me laugh!
Beautiful!
And finally, we were all loaded up and headed to the lake...and I got to sit back and cuddle up in my new blanket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment