Sunday, April 16, 2017

EFBC

I have said so many times in the past year that going from having the church family that we had, to not having one at all, is kind of like having your right arm cut off. It's very sad and lonely. For the past 6 months, since November when we officially moved to Edmond, we have been hopping from church to church, trying to find the place that God has for us. It has been hard. Really hard. We have never had to look for a church, we have just automatically had a place. Also, its been hard for the kids to visit so many churches and not know anyone. Especially after only knowing church life as staff kids in the past, where everyone knows them. It has just been a struggle...there have been several Sundays when we just stayed home, especially if Brian was preaching out of town...one Sunday I just laid in bed sad, while the kids watched tv and ate marshmallows for breakfast. Ugh! Anyway...I am so happy to say that we are moving past all of that! Now on to the good part of this post...

Towards the end of February, we found ourselves back at EFBC. (Brian likes to add that this is where he felt we should be the whole time, but he was waiting for me to figure that out!) One Sunday morning, the song "Still," by Hillary Scott was sung, and it was like God was just pouring those words straight into my heart...it was time to BE STILL. Stop going to a different church every week. Stop looking for the things we loved about STBC, and embrace what God had for us in a new place. We started to really plug into a connection group, the kids were happy in their classes, and the pieces just started to fall into place. We weren't planning to join right away, but when Madison gave her life to Jesus the weekend of Easter and wanted to go forward to make her decision public, we knew it was the right time. So here we are, in a new season of life at First Baptist Church Edmond...and we are excited to be a part of it! I feel like a weight has been lifted...like I can breathe a little bit better...and I feel a new sense of peace & hope that God really does have us...and life in Edmond might not be so bad after all.

I believe that You were God alone
But sometimes I still try to take control
‘Cause I get scared when I can’t see the end
And all You want from me is to let go
You’re parting waters
Making a way for me
You’re moving mountains that I don’t even see
You’ve answered my prayer before I even speak
All You need for me to be is still
God used this sweet girl and her decision to follow him, to lead us to go ahead and join EFBC on Easter Sunday! Our hearts could not be more overjoyed by her decision!
(I've got to figure out why Jonah isn't included!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment