Friday, April 14, 2017

An Extra GOOD Friday for Madison

My precious little girl is also now my sister in Christ! My heart couldn't be any fuller or happier! We have known that this day was coming, but we have been very cautious to make sure Madison really understands and is doing it for the right reasons.(She has really, REALLY wanted to take the Lord's Supper, and we didn't want her to "get saved" just so she could have a sip of grape juice and a stale little square of "bread.") =0) Every year at Easter, we do Resurrection Eggs with the kids, so just before bed on Friday night, we sat down upstairs and let them take turns opening eggs and talking about what was inside of them. We tucked them into bed like normal, but about ten minutes later Madison came down the stairs and said she wanted to talk to us about being saved. It was different than all of the times before, and after talking to her for a while, Brian and I both felt like she truly was ready to ask Jesus to forgive her and be the Lord of her life. We knelt in the floor of our living room and Daddy led her through a simple little prayer--which we explained to her was not what saved her at all--and we listened as she admitted that she was a sinner and she believed that Jesus is God's Son and he died for her so that her sins could be forgiven. In simple, child-like faith, she gave her heart and life to Jesus! And all the angels rejoiced! 
How special that Madison prayed to receive Christ on Good Friday! The day we remember Jesus dying on the cross so that we can have forgiveness for our sins. Oh, friends! Sunday is coming...and this Easter, we have more to celebrate than ever before! We once were lost, but now we are found! Praise Jesus!

The day before, she brought this project home from school and said, "Mommy this is ALL we did at school today!" Which I'm pretty sure isn't true, but even so...if it were true...I can't think of anything better for her to learn at school than the truth of what is depicted here! This picture was proof to me that she fully understands and was ready to give her life to Jesus. 
Precious. Precious. Precious.
Oh how I pray that Madison would have a heart to love and follow Jesus all the days of her life!
I love that God used something as simple as the Resurrection Eggs to really make Madison be still and realize that she was ready to follow Him!
Big sister had to come down and celebrate too! 
Madison was so sweet and just on the verge of crying. I was very much like her as a little girl...in fact, I remember holding back tears the night I was saved, until we got home and my little brother ran in and told my Dad that I got saved before I could tell him, and then those held in tears came pouring out! =0))
So proud of you, sweet girl!
And soooooo happy!!











No comments:

Post a Comment