I know this is totally random, but I came across this picture the other day and it just made me think about the fact that my babies are growing up, and this is what we are preparing them for...teaching them to fly...getting them ready to leave the nest. That's what it's all leading up to, right? Now I know they aren't leaving for college next week! But, especially with Mackenzie, I am seeing such independence and maturity in her. My first inclination is to say "I don't like it!," but I do love watching each of my kids learn and grow into the wonderful creations God made them! They are each so unique and special! Several times I have said to Madison, "Will you just stay 5 forever?" She smiles, shows that sweet dimple, and says, "I'll try!" Haha! But as much as I absolutely love her at age 5, I will love her just as much at 10, 15, 18...I am determined to love and enjoy my kids at every single age and stage, and not look back and be sad that they aren't babies anymore. I am thankful for Every. Single. Day. I have with them.
My deepest prayer is that with every new day and every milestone reached, that Mackenzie, Madison & Jonah would follow the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment