Sunday, April 27, 2014
Change Is Hard...
In less than two weeks, 10325 S Prescott St will be just a memory, not the place we call home. As I lay here listening to all three of my babies sleeping peacefully, the feelings I have can only be explained as a complete mess...happy, but sad...excited, but unsure...overwhelmed and ready for the next two weeks to be over, but also wanting them to never end...yep, I'm. A. Mess. This is the home that we have grown our little family up in. Mackenzie was 15 months old when we built this house. Just a baby. We brought Madison and Jonah home here. We watched them take their first steps, say their first words, use the potty for the first time...so many "first's". My Dad was a part of this house...he will never walk in another house that I live in, which makes me so sad. I know that a house is just a building with walls, windows, a roof...but this house has been our Home. Our safe refuge from the world. A place to retreat. Where we have laughed, cried, and made countless memories with our children. Where we have celebrated victories and fought through defeats. We have celebrated birthday after birthday within these walls. In some ways, I feel like a huge chapter is coming to an end...and I hate it. Yes, I know the chapters to come will be just as wonderful, but it's never fun saying goodbye to things you love. Even if it is just a house! The sometimes sad reality is that nothing stays the same forever. I know that our home here on earth is not eternal, and for that I am so thankful! t's kind of silly really...we are getting a brand new, much bigger, beautiful home with everything we need and more. Yet I'm so sad to leave our 1421 sq foot little house. I have been so happy here and it is hard to imagine what life will be like in a new place. I know that we will always look back and smile when we think about our wonderful memories here on Prescott St. God has been so gracious and good to us! I know that 13696 S 91st E Ave. holds lots of happiness for us and memories just waiting to be made!! I just have to somehow survive the next 10 days on this emotional roller coaster! Then our crazy time of transition begins as we become "homeless nomads" for the summer as we wait for our house to be built! I have made the decision that I will embrace each day as it comes and not miss out on the blessings it holds, just because things are out of the ordinary. Living basically out of suitcases in different places every week for 4 months sounds crazy to most people...but I can do ALL things through Christ with strengths me! I am trusting Him to carry me through!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment