At the beginning of September, I decided to start working on Jack's Christmas stocking. I actually started this stocking several years ago, when we found out we were having a baby in 2015. When we lost that baby, I put the stocking away, thinking I probably wouldn't ever finish it. Fast forward about 5 years, and I knew it was time to get it back out for Jack. I just have to say--I can tell that my eyes are 5 years older--it was harder to see to cross-stitch than I remember in the past! I spent a lot of hours finishing this project this Fall, and it makes me so happy that now we all 6 have matching stockings that I cross-stitched and Grandma Baldwin sewed together. I think my days of cross-stitching are probably over now that this last stocking is complete. These are some of my most precious possessions and I keep them in a special place all year, in case a tornado comes and I have to take them with me into the storm shelter. Haha! No, really...I do! =0)
Everyone knows how I feel about mice...I can't stand them...but I do have to say these gingerbread mice are pretty cute!
If our family were mice on this stocking :
Daddy : chimney mouse, making sure everything and everyone is taken care of. Doing the dirty work of cleaning the chimney, that no one else wants to do, because he loves his family.
Momma : gingerbread decorating mommy mouse, of course! I love that she's holding a piping bag...goodness knows I did enough of that during Christmastime! She's making sure everything looks pretty, and that all the little details are taken care of. She's doing the dangerous job of dangling from the ribbon, so her babies don't have to...but if she could see what that little one was up to right behind her, he would be getting a spankin' for sure!
Mackenzie : painting, artistic mouse decorating the Christmas tree...and I'm pretty sure that little mouse would be singing Broadway musical songs while she works!
Madi : sweet little mouse sitting on the bowl, mixing up something yummy for everyone. She's a helper, happy to jump in and do what she can for others.
Jonah : relaxed (maybe a little lazy?) mouse laying in the measuring cup, of course! He just needs an iPad or XBOX controller in his hand, and it would be perfect!
Jack : little blue overalls mouse, tiptoeing on the top step of the ladder he shouldn't be climbing, hiding behind his mommy's back. Too cute for his own good, and in the big middle of everything.
GMa Mouse : granny mouse with her "gingerbread house building glasses" on, just so happy to be with her family & ready to help with anything asked of her.
Did I get pretty close with those descriptions? =0)
November 2: DONE!!!
Oct 15:
Sept 24:
SEPT 14:










No comments:
Post a Comment