Jonah is still having a hard time learning his letters...he is extremely smart, but he just isn't interested in learning them. I am trying to be patient (its hard sometimes) and just continue to work with him a little each day. His teacher assures me that when he is developmentally ready, he will get them! Mackenzie has always been a very quick learner, but I remember thinking Madison was never going to learn them. All kids develop and learn differently, I guess. And apparently, this is just another way that boys and girls are different. The fact that Jonah is the baby also adds to the mix, I'm sure. He also essentially missed half a year of preschool during our transition to OKC, so that has set him back a little bit. We did testing at CHA to see if he is ready for Kindergarten and although he's a bit behind, they feel like he will be ready. We just have to keep working! I sure do love this little head-strong, left-handed boy of mine!
Instagram:
What ever will I do next year when my little lunch and shopping buddy is at school all day? #alreadystartingtogetsad
#hesaysiloveyoumommyatleastthreetimeseveryday
#mommasboyforever
G-Ma got Jonah these transformer letters for Christmas & he loves to play with them, so we are trying to use them to learn his letters.
We are slowly but surely making progress...here is a video from the middle of March when Jonah "read" a book to G-Ma!
Should I be concerned about this?! Eek!! Jonah's coloring skills are not exactly...mmm...superior. Many people have told me its just a boy thing, but I don't know what to think!
Sometimes Jonah tries his very best! Look at those numbers!
And then sometimes...there's this...hahaha!!

No comments:
Post a Comment