I am extremely thankful for how busy I have been lately with cookies! I love it so much that I have built this business that allows me to make a little extra money, while staying at home with my babies. After the busiest December that I have ever had doing cookies, I had a break in January, and then things got really crazy in February as I got ready for the Wallace order. This was my 6th year to do Valentine's cookies for Wallace Engineering. It started out in 2013 as 122 dozen, and has grown to 180 dozen this year. We usually try to use this money for a family vacation...Disney World most of the time...but this year, it's a romantic Hawaii vacay just for me and Brian! And I couldn't be happier about that!!
When we first stack all of the boxes up like this, it is a bit overwhelming!
Oh yeah!! That's a pretty accurate fortune, I'd say!!
I love my cute new sticker labels that I ordered from Erin Condren!
In case you wondered what 45 bags of powdered sugar turned into icing looks like!
I couldn't have done it without the BEST helpers!! Also, Poppa & Louise pitched in and took Jonah to his basketball game and took the kids to lunch. That was a huge help! Like always, Brian was working this weekend, because of Falls Creek staff interviews, so he wasn't able to help much. BUT--he did put together every one of these boxes for me beforehand, which is so, SO helpful!!
Having Connie to help keep icing bags filled was amazing! My Mom was able to help me decorate a lot more of the cookies and we finished decorating in record time!
And I just had to throw this picture in for fun...I had this thought that maybe I should do chocolate covered strawberries too. Uhhhh...NO!! What a mess!! And they looked awful! But they did taste pretty good. I'll just stick with cookies. =0)


No comments:
Post a Comment