Saturday, January 30, 2016

Go Regent!

 Mackenzie had a great basketball season! She has improved so much and the most exciting thing...she made a basket during one of her games and helped her team get their first win of the season! That was an exciting moment right there! I wish so badly we had it on video, but it happened so fast and it was so unexpected, that we didn't get it...BUT, I will never, ever forget the look of shock and happiness on her face when that ball went in! She started jumping up and down and took off running down the court. We kind of went crazy in the stands too & I have to admit, I had tears in my eyes! G-Ma, Rex, Aunt Barbara & Uncle Alan were all there to see it too. We were hoping the other team didn't think we were displaying terrible sportsmanship when we won that game, because we had a big celebration! But hey, when it's your first win...like, ever...I think it's okay to celebrate! During this time, we were in the process of making the decision to take the job in OKC, and it was sad to me every week thinking that this would be Mack's last year to get to play with these girls. What a sweet group they are...I'm so thankful for the time she has had with them! Shawnna & Shea did a great job coaching the girls & they learned so much. Here are some pic's and video's from the season!
This was the day we had a double-header and Mackenzie made her basket in the second game. After the first game, she was unhappy because they kept losing...so the second game was cause for great excitement!
They were having a moment on the gym floor, apparently!
Look at that face...Not happy about losing again... (after first game)
Defensive Warrior! 
G-Ma and Rex made a last minute decision to drive up for the games, and I'm so, so glad they did so they could see Mack make her basket!
We thought a win was cause for Cherry Berry!
Team picture day!
I mean, what a great fan club! Mackenzie had lots of support throughout the season!
Mackenzie was upset that her class didn't get to have a Valentine's party at school, so we took cookies to the game and had a "party" there instead! It was fun! This was also her last game to be at, because we had to miss the very last one, so it was a fun way to end the season for her.
This was at the end of the girls last basketball practice...

No comments:

Post a Comment