Today was Martin Luther King Day and since the girls were out of school, we got to hang out and play with our friends, the Hopper's. Even though we don't get to spend time with them often, every time we do, the girls have a great time! This family has been the biggest blessing to us. It is so amazing to look back and see how God orchestrated our friendship so many years ago when Mackenzie and Emily were in ELP together when they were only 3 years old. Fast forward a few years & Madison and Lucy were in ELP together & were just kindred little spirits. They are so much alike & are such sweet friends. I will never forget the April day 2 years ago, when we were on a field trip to the Philbrook with their PreK ELP class, sitting on a bench with Kammy at a nearby park. We were talking about our plans for the next school year & I was just telling her that as much as we loved Regent, it was just too much of an expense for us. I remember her looking at me and asking, "Well, if it was paid for, would you want to continue in that direction?" I was completely speechless as she told me that God had laid it on her & Charlie's hearts to help us send our girls to school. I mean...speechless. They have given us the most wonderful gift these past two years at Regent! A private Christian education is something we desire so deeply for our children, but as a minister and a stay at home mom, it just isn't possible...BUT, with God ALL things are possible!! I just have to BELIEVE!
Now, back to present day...as we have been praying about this whole OKC opportunity, school has been such a heavy thing on my mind...how do we walk away from this huge gift of education the Hopper's are providing for us here? But you know what...God is SO BIG. SO much bigger than the little box I tend to put him in. While the girls played upstairs, I shared with Kammy about this opportunity we felt like God was leading us towards. And I told her that my biggest hang up over it was the thought of having to pull the girls from the small Christian school environment they are used to and put them into public school. Her immediate response..."No. Just no. Take that off your plate. Figure out where you want them to go and it will be taken care of." I was back to being completely speechless. WHAT?! How is this even possibly happening? I love that this isn't even about us...it's about the Hopper's being obedient to the task God has given them. That challenges me to be more obedient to the Lord too! After all, to whom much is given, much is to be expected.
I know I have said it before, but I have never seen God answer a prayer in such a huge, wonderful way. It blows my mind! Sooo, we still aren't 100% sure if we will be making this move to OKC or not, but the fact that God has answered this prayer about school once again is a BIG deal. Selfishly, I want my kids to be able to stay at Regent, but I am starting to realize that God has bigger plans for us and how can I possibly say "no" when he does things like this for us?!
I admittedly have fretted over all of the details of how this move would work...today God took the #1 obstacle and said, "LOOK HERE...I've already gone before you & taken care of it. I will take care of everything else too." Wow. Just wow. Such a clear picture of Philippains 4:19..."And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Thank You God, and Thank You, Charlie & Kammy! We are forever grateful!
And, as Kammy likes to say, "Yay team!" =0)
Madison made this card for Lucy! I mean, how precious is it?!

No comments:
Post a Comment