After going back and forth about it probably 10 or 12 times over the past few years, we finally decided that now is the time to sell our house and find something bigger. I have such mixed emotions about it...I know we need more space and we would love to be closer to the church and eliminate the toll, but I am very emotionally attached to our home. Mackenzie was 15 months old when we built this house and it is the only house Madison and Jonah have ever known. This is where we brought them home from the hospital, where they took their first steps, where we have celebrated every birthday, where we have watched them grow year after year...my dad was part of our life in this house...he will never be in another house we live in. This is our safe haven...the little nest we have raised our family in. Such sweet, special memories have been made within these walls.. yet I know it is time to move on to bigger and better things.
After all, the saying "Home is Where Your Heart Is" is very true...as long as I'm with the ones I love, that's all that really matters!
We spent the first few weeks of January cleaning and de-cluttering to get ready to list our house. We met with Carol Brown, a wonderful, sweet Christian realtor in our church and she has been so helpful to us in this process. Our house officially went on the market on January 14th, so we'll see what happens!
Am I overwhelmed? Oooohhhhh Yes...
Do we know where we're going to live? No...
How long will it take to sell our house? Who knows...
How in the world am I going to keep it clean for showings? I. Do. Not. Know.
Will the $$ all work out okay? We can only hope...
Do I like not being in control? Absolutely not...
Do I know that God has a plan bigger than I can even think or imagine? Absolutely! And I rest in that...because it's enough.
Our house looked so pretty and clean when they came to take pictures for the listing that I found myself thinking, "Now why are we doing this again?" Then I quickly remembered...because we have 3 children and this house is 1421 square feet...we need MORE ROOM!!!
Jonah is just a huge helper while I am trying to keep things clean! Or not...
I think they should put this picture on our listing...I can't imagine anyone not wanting to buy a house that comes with this cute accessory!
Check out this huge pile of stuff I took out of the girls bedroom and toy closet...this was just a drop in the bucket! Our shed is full from top to bottom of STUFF!
Look how nice and neat it looks now! This will last a day or two...
We planted a bunch of pansies the weekend before they came to do our pictures. Very pretty!
And, here is our Zillow listing...it's getting real now!
Mackenzie drew this at school one day. I know the girls are excited, but I am expecting Mackenzie especially to be very emotional when it comes time to leave our house.
(I'm not sure about her idea of our new house...looks kind of like a red barn!)
We had an open house the last Sunday of January...we were expecting lots and lots of people, but only about 5 showed up. This was the weekend that the girls and I had the stomach virus and Jonah had an ear infection. Thankfully G-Ma and Daddy were there to get things ready!






















No comments:
Post a Comment