Monday, August 2, 2010

Daddy's Home!!!!

We got to pick daddy up at the airport on Sunday and we were SO happy to see him! His plane was supposed to get in at 8:30 Sunday morning, but there was a delay and it didn't get there until 12:30. We got up that morning and drove home from Newcastle. It was an emotional departure for us all after being there for a whole week. I love my parents so much and I'm so thankful that we can spend so much time with them. There is a reason that Mackenzie doesn't like goodbyes...her momma and G-Ma don't like them either! I had just enough time to stop by the house and drop off some of our luggage before heading to the airport. We literally got there with 10 minutes to spare! I am so glad we made it in time...it was so sweet when the girls saw their daddy walking through those doors! Mackenzie squealed, "Daddy!!!" and took off running towards him! Then Madison got excited and started following her! Everyone watching loved it! He was very happy to be with his girls again! We had a wonderful time in Newcastle while he was gone, but we were ready to be at home with him again! Daddy loves going on International Mission trips...I always tell him that I don't mind if he goes, as long as he doesn't mind if I stay. It works for us, and he always comes back! This was his 3rd summer to go to Brazil. We went home and spent the day just hanging out together. Then we went to Mazzio's for dinner, where Mackenzie's favorite part was getting her cute little to-go box! This was the last big trip of the summer, so maybe now things will calm down a little. Daddy didn't have much time to shop on this trip, but he did bring t-shirts for the girls. It was funny because before he left, Mackenzie asked him to bring her a dress. Well, the t-shirt he bought her turned out to be so big that it fit like a dress, so he did good! Madison's t-shirt was a little tight, but very cute! I laughed, because daddy doesn't shop for the girls often enough to know what size to get! What a good daddy for trying! Ariel, Flouder and Ursula were so glad to have Prince Eric back again!

Madison just kept staring at him, like "Where have you been?"

Mackenzie was full of things to tell her daddy! (She's a talker!")

Mack was happy about seeing daddy, but sad that her friends Katelyn and Kinley weren't at the airport. Their daddy went to Brazil too, but they weren't there at the same time we were to pick him up. Mackenzie loves them, and was sad she didn't get to see them. In fact, on the way to the airport I prayed for daddy to make it home safe and for us to not get lost and to make it there on time. Mackenzie said she wanted to pray too and she said, "Dear Lord, thank you for my friends Katelyn and Kinley..." It was very cute! I told her maybe we could have them over to play sometime soon!

I kept trying to get a picture of Madison with Daddy, but she never would look at the camera...she just kept staring at him and smiling! She was just so happy to see him I guess!

Daddy took lots of pictures of the girls to show people in Brazil. Everyone thought they were beautiful, of course!


Mackenzie's "dress" from Brazil! Maybe in a few years this t-shirt will actually fit her! =0)



No comments:

Post a Comment