Wednesday, May 15, 2024

May Misc

This is entirely how I feel during the whole month of May! I guess the craziness of May makes us appreciate summer that much more when it finally gets here, at least.

We kicked off the month of May with a trip to the dentist for the boys. I actually think between me and the kids, I was at the dentist 4 or 5 different days during the month of May.
Jack knew it was his turn next, so he was watching Jonah very closely.
This was Jack's first dentist appointment. He did pretty good, but I think she only actually cleaned one of his teeth. Lol! 
In 5th grade, each of the students is assigned a different state to do a research project on. At the end, they each bring a food that is original to their state. Jonah had Ohio, so we made Buckeyes. I went up to the school to help set up and serve the lunch. There was a LOT of food, and it was very diverse. Everything from sushi to fried pickles to corn on the cob to peach cobbler...
The cheer team went to the Capitol to be recognized for winning Stunt State. Even though my girls weren't in Stunt, they went along to support! 
Oh good, he's learned a new trick! 
Mackenzie had a terrible double ear infection, so we had to go see Chesca. 
Daddy and Jack got the storm shelter ready for potential storms! Thankfully nothing happened.
Brian managed to get all 3 of our cars in the garage...I was very impressed by this!
When Brian said the words "black widow" I was OUT of there.
Brian is off on Friday's, so we went on a breakfast date to Neighborhood Jam! 
Jonah worked hard to earn a lunch with friends in Discovery! He had to get 100% on his rhythmic writing this past month for this! Mrs. Sherrer brought root beer floats for the boys, per Jonah's request.
Mackenzie's Junior class did their yearly retreat to Lake Murray. It looks like they had a lot of fun!
Jack was not happy about just getting "birthday ideas" and not actually leaving the store with Marshall.
Jack knows what he wants, when he wants it, and he isn't very happy when he doesn't get his way! He can pout with the best of them!
How cute is this video of the boys playing football in the backyard! 
Another day at the dentist...and when we came out, we laughed at this! I'm afraid Mackenzie would lose in a race against this other car, in her little Kia Soul!
Connie came up and spent the day with us and we took her to the Children's Museum and the park, and we had lunch at McAlister's. We love Connie!
How do you really feel, Jack?
Evening bike ride to Braums for ice cream!
Wearing the Spider-Man suit and boots is a daily occurrence!
Jonah sang with the Honor Choir at the Fine Arts Assembly.
Back to the dentist to have a few cavities filled and sealants done. 
Wednesday night Bible study at the Thompsons house!
This!
Katelyn spent the night with us and the girls drew this pictures to send to Kinley. 
Daddy and Jack went on a bike ride to the Library one day.
We celebrated Jack's family birthday party early, before the craziness of summer got here.
Spidey-time, all the time! 
Lol! The hair...the lip...the arms...the undies...the attitude! 
There's the smile...that's better!
Mackenzie went to Bria's graduation party. 
Brian moved down to Falls Creek for orientation weeks before the kids were even out of school. He sent me this picture. A sure sign that it is camp season...
The girls sang at Baccalaureate and Graduation. I'm not sure how I am ever going to make it through all of this next year!
Earlier in the day, at the awards assembly, the choir surrounded the seniors and sang this blessing song over them. 
Abby and Brian have been so sweet to Mackenzie! We wish them all the best!
The boys spent the night with GMa while the girls and I went to graduation.
I really want him to be a baseball player!
Just a normal Sunday morning drive to church!
Wow--amazing--proof that it really is possible for Mackenzie to have a clean room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment