Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Rash

We first noticed a rash on Jack Saturday morning around 10:30...this is what it looked like at 1:30 on Saturday afternoon...I took him to urgent care soon after this and got a steroid and benadryl. We still aren't sure what caused it, but it eventually went away. I get so stressed out and scared when things like this happen to my babies. 
Saturday at 5:45
6:30 after bath & medicine, seemed to get better...
But then this is how he woke up Sunday morning...
By Sunday evening, the rash was turning dark and bruising, which was concerning to me.
So first thing Monday morning I called Dr. Fricker's office and they got us right in. Dr. Fricker was concerned about this bruising and had another Pediatrician come in to look at Jack also. They wanted to make sure Jack didn't have some kind of blood infection or something wrong with his liver...insert complete panic from Momma...
They sent us to do bloodwork, which turned into a complete nightmare. They needed probably 6-8 vials of blood to check everything, and the techs at the lab couldn't find Jack's tiny veins. (They were honestly terrible.) Bloodwork on a 2 year old is just traumatic, let me tell ya. They stuck him multiple times, and eventually they were finally able to get just enough blood to make sure there wasn't an infection of some kind. By the time that was over, he and I were both bawling our eyes out. We went home, a little traumatized, and waited for the results. If there was an infection, they would have sent us to Children's hospital and possibly admitted Jack. I don't remember all of the details of that, I just know that it could have potentially been a big, serious situation. I can't even express how relieved I was when they called to let us know that the bloodwork came back good, and the bruising must just be from the rash and would go away on its own. Thank you, Jesus! 
It took a while longer, but it all eventually went away.
This is how we spent the rest of our day...

No comments:

Post a Comment