Friday, April 1, 2022

The Presidential Tea

The Presidential Tea was Friday afternoon, and it is now one of my all-time favorite CHA traditions! I really had no idea what to expect, but it blew me away! It began with the introduction of the Presidents and First Ladies (that was the BEST!), followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the swearing in of the Presidents. The kids also sang a song about the Presidents, and then each of the Presidents and First Ladies came to the microphone and gave a few facts about themselves. I learned so much! Jonah said, "I'm sure you all like my tall black hat, but did you also know that I use it to hide important letters and documents under?" Everyone laughed at that! We finished up by serving the Presidents and First Ladies punch and finger foods for the "Tea" part of the ceremony. 
I had the pleasure of helping with the decorations and food, as one of the homeroom moms this year. It was such a fun thing to be a part of! Another thing that I loved about the Presidential Tea was that each child made a replica of the China pattern chosen by their President or First Lady. 
I wrote more about this is the other post, but Jonah was so happy about being Abraham Lincoln. Once he got over having to wear the beard, that is! We sure loved watching our little Honest Abe...he was the cutest Abraham Lincoln I've ever seen! Every single President and First Lady did an amazing job of dressing their part!
Introduction of all Presidents & First Ladies!
Swearing in of the Presidents.
I could tell Jonah was a little nervous, but we had worked and worked on this, and he did amazing!
Jonah really wanted me to stop taking pictures so he could eat his food!
We had the whole fam there! Madi begged for us to get her out of class so she could watch, since she didn't get to do this. I think she also just wanted out of Pre-Algebra, but I gave in! Mackenzie had a test or something important that she couldn't miss. 
Good Lookin' Presidents, right there!
And beautiful First Ladies!!
Who knows, maybe one day Jack will follow in his brothers footsteps and be Abraham Lincoln too?! 
Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment