Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring Break

We always miss Daddy when he's gone on trips & are so glad when he's back home with us. He left us this sweet little note on the steering wheel for me to find after he left. He's so good to us! He goes to Belize on a youth mission trip every Spring Break, so we get to spend the week at G-Ma's house! We stayed up late, slept in, ate donuts for breakfast, played outside, and we got to see Grandma Shaw & Poppa and Louise. One night we had a weenie roast down by the pond. I love nights like that, but I always miss my Dad. He always loved it when we came to stay with them while Brian was gone. He would have so much fun with the girls and Jonah at these ages. Kelley & Lauren came out for dinner one evening and the girls had a blast playing together. We went to the mall and rode around on the rolling animals, and Poppa watched Jonah while we took the girls to see the new Cinderella movie. Mom and I had hair appointments one day, and then we went to Ken's Steakhouse in Amber with Rex. As we got closer, we saw this big cloud of smoke, and we could see a huge fire. A propane tank exploded and totally destroyed a house, and sadly a woman was killed. I have never been so close to such a huge fire. On Friday, we went to Quail Springs Mall to have lunch in a car booth. We also went to the park, the library, and the donut shop. It's easy to see why we love spending a week at G-Ma's house! =0) On Saturday morning, Daddy drove to Newcastle for Olivia's birthday party, and then we all went home that afternoon. It's always amazing to me how quickly a week goes by!
 
This picture was taken on Sunday night, when they had Belize Report night. Daddy brought Jonah this cute little shirt from Belize. He looks thrilled to be wearing it!
It takes a LOT of stuff to be gone for a week!
So the girls found a frog in the skimmer of G-Ma's little pond. I thought they were letting it go, but I checked on them a while later and they had it in this pitcher of water. I asked what they were doing and they were playing Boxcar Children. Their plan was to let it die, then they were going to pretend to eat it, and then Madison was wanting to save the bones for nature studies. Bahaha! Needless to say, I put an end to that real quick and we let the frog go!
Sometimes Jonah is grumpy when he wakes up from a nap!
G-Ma's treehouse is amazing! It's not done yet, but the kids were able to play on it a little bit.
Poppa & Louise brought Blake over to play! At one point I heard one of the girls squeal & I looked over and saw Blake peeing by a tree. LOL! That's just what little boys are supposed to do outside, right?! He might have gotten a little reprimand for doing it in front of the girls, but he did have his back to them, and it was quite funny!
Rex has done an amazing job building the treehouse!
They were excited to see Cinderella!!
Jonah loves Chloe!
Yea for pretty hair!
Here is the fire in Amber...it was huge.
 
It's a good thing G-Ma has a king size bed!
I didn't tell them Daddy was coming, so it was a fun surprise when he showed up at the donut shop!
We went to see my Grandma Shaw and she had this Glamour Shots picture of me sitting out. I think I was 13 years old. So funny! This is the picture I gave to Brian that he taped up on his bunk bed at Falls Creek!
They would've done this for hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment