Oh, the joys of pregnancy! I wish I could say that I am one of those women who just loves being pregnant...unfortunately, that is not the case! It is just very difficult for me. I started getting sick this time at about 5 and a half weeks. Here are some pictures from the first three ultrasounds I did, all in January. One of my favorite things about Tulsa Women's Health Care is that I get to do an ultrasound at every visit. In the midst of the sickness, I am just so thankful that God would give us another little blessing! I know it will be worth everything I am going through, in the end!
This was our first ultrasound, done on January 9th. I woke up feeling terrible & a little crampy, so I called the Dr. and he worked me in. I wasn't supposed to have an appt until the next week. I love Dr. Nilson, but he is very up front about everything, and when he told me that it looked like my gestational sac wasn't the right shape, I was very worried. He said the yolk sac was there & looked good, but that we would have to just give it a week & see what happens...but not to worry about it. Uhhhh, okay...that's kind of impossible! Especially when you are a worryer by nature. It was still too early to be able to hear the heartbeat. Later that week, I was feeling terrible so I went to see Dr. Lebetter. He looked at the ultrasound picture & said he saw nothing to be worried about, which made me feel a lot better. The morning sickness was definitely setting in at this point...no fun!
6 Weeks & 6 Days
Well, a week & a day later, I had my 2nd ultrasound & was SO relieved to hear Dr. Nilson say that everything looked great. Praise God! We were also able to hear the heartbeat for the first time! There is no sweeter sound! It was around 120, which Dr. Nilson said could be a sign of a boy! (I am trying to get Brian to not be too overly excited just yet!) I have been so, so sick with this pregnancy...definitely more than with both of the girls. I just try to remember that being sick is a good sign that everything is okay. I have ZERO energy & feel like just making it through each day is such a chore. I cling to the words that my Momma always says, "This too shall pass." I know it will, but it doesn't feel like it at the moment!
8 Weeks & 5 Days
My most recent appointment, on January 30th was really exciting, because this little peanut is actually starting to look like a baby! Other than feeling awful (all of the time), everything is going great. I remind Brian daily that this will be the last time I go through this...at first, he said, "You can't decide that right now..." and then I think he figured out that I am VERY serious about it! 

Well, a week & a day later, I had my 2nd ultrasound & was SO relieved to hear Dr. Nilson say that everything looked great. Praise God! We were also able to hear the heartbeat for the first time! There is no sweeter sound! It was around 120, which Dr. Nilson said could be a sign of a boy! (I am trying to get Brian to not be too overly excited just yet!) I have been so, so sick with this pregnancy...definitely more than with both of the girls. I just try to remember that being sick is a good sign that everything is okay. I have ZERO energy & feel like just making it through each day is such a chore. I cling to the words that my Momma always says, "This too shall pass." I know it will, but it doesn't feel like it at the moment!
8 Weeks & 5 Days
My most recent appointment, on January 30th was really exciting, because this little peanut is actually starting to look like a baby! Other than feeling awful (all of the time), everything is going great. I remind Brian daily that this will be the last time I go through this...at first, he said, "You can't decide that right now..." and then I think he figured out that I am VERY serious about it! 



No comments:
Post a Comment