Monday, January 16, 2012

BIG Sisters!!!

We were so excited to tell Mackenzie & Madison that they were going to be big sisters! We waited to tell them until right before we left for Newcastle on Thursday, because we knew it would be hard for them to keep such a big secret. Especially from G-Ma! I had a cookie order on this day, so I decided it would be fun to make "Big Sister" cookies for them. They were very excited...Mackenzie instantly said, "I hope it's a boy!" and Madison said, "No, I want a girl!" Well, the good news is that one of them will get what they want! When we found out we were pregnant with Madison, Mackenzie wasn't even 2 years old yet. Madison is older now than Mackenzie was when she was born. I think this baby will be a lot of fun for Mackenzie. She has already said that she'll help give the baby baths! I have a feeling this baby is going to have two "little momma's" helping to take care of him/her! Mackenzie & Madison are such blessings...we are so excited that God has given us another sweet blessing from heaven.


One of the first things Mack said after we told her we were having another baby, was: "Mommy, I'll get to hold the baby. And G-Ma will get to hold the baby. But Pa won't get to hold this baby...." she was quite for a few seconds & then she said, with a big smile on her face, "But, I bet Pa already knows if it's a boy or girl, up in heaven!" That made me so happy & so sad, at the same time. I love that she has the instinct to think that way. I assured her that although we don't know for sure if that's the way things work, I sure like to think that Pa certainly does know all about this baby! Before Madison was born, I liked to think that Grandma Jean got to know her in heaven. If it really happens that way, I bet Grandma Jean, G.G. & Pa are fighting over who gets to hold this little one the most!


After the girls scarfed down their cookies, we loaded up & went to G-Ma's house for a few days. We called & told her we were bringing special cookies for dessert...she had no idea just how special they were!


Very, very excited!!Madison was really enjoying that cookie!This baby is going to have the two best big sisters ever!Mackenzie will be almost 6 years old when this baby comes.Madison will be 3 and a half when the baby is born. That's about the same age I was when my little brother (Uncle Clint) was born! Oh, how I love them! Hmm...I wonder if we'll have another little princess, or a little prince?!
Maybe my new favorite cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment