Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Traditions

For the past 3 years, Jamie, Thomas and Taylor have come to spend a few days with us around the 4th of July. We have so much fun together! It is a nice break from summer youth activities for us all! Mackenzie was SO excited to spend time with Taylor! We love their family as if they were part of our family! They came up on Wednesday night after church and stayed until Friday evening. Mackenzie and Taylor slept in the floor together on a pallet! Thursday I let Mackenzie stay home from VBS to play with Taylor. Jamie took them to Wal-Mart and Mackenzie told him that I said she needed new goggles (which I didn't) so he bought her some! She also told him I said she could have some candy (which I didn't) so he bought her some of that too! Ha,ha! We went swimming a few times and just hung out at the house! One night we popped fireworks, and they were LOUD...I'm surprised our neighbors didn't come over and complain! The day after they went home, Brian left for World Changers and I went to Newcastle. Never a dull moment during the summer! At this point, I am kind of looking forward to school starting so things will slow down a little for us!

These dads love their kids a lot! They are great Youth Ministers, but excellent fathers!

After much preparation, we were finally ready to go to the pool! Why does it take so long to get everybody and everything ready to go?!

I love the way Madison held on to Mackenzie's leg!

I remember when we did this 2 years ago...there were just two girls in the wagon! Then last year when we did it, there was a carseat with a little baby girl in the wagon...this year there are 3 pretty girls in the wagon! Fun!!!

Mackenzie doesn't like the deep end at all! By the time we leave the pool, she is starting to warm up to the water. She doesn't let go much! She knows her Prince Eric will always take care of her!

We decided to see what Madison would do if she went under water. And we were also showing Mackenzie that there was nothing to be afraid of! She didn't seem to mind it at all!

She was a little dazed, but she didn't cry! She's gonna be our little fish!

We are so thankful for the friendship we have with Jamie and his kids. We have been through a lot together and we love them so much! I remember being at the hospital when Thomas was born, and watching Taylor wave goodbye to us and say, "I love you!" when we would walk back to the white house when we lived there. It is fun getting to watch them grow up!

Ready to head back to the house! This wagon works great!

She even had earplugs in! Daddy is silly!

Mackenzie was shaking, she was so afraid of the fireworks! Seriously, it was sad! We didn't pop very many!

Mackenzie was happy when the fireworks were over! She kept saying she was "a little" scared! That's her new thing right now...everything is "a little." She also says, "Mommy I have to ask you a question" ALL of the time. And its never a question...always a statement! Funny girl!









No comments:

Post a Comment