Sunday, June 13, 2010

Craziness!

I was laying in bed this morning before church thinking about how crazy the next 3 weeks are going to be...this week we have PreSMAK (Summer Music Activities for Kids) on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I am so excited about this...it is Mackenzie's first time to be old enough for it! Then, after the program Wednesday night, we are headed to Newcastle for VBS at WHBC on Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Mackenzie is excited about that because she'll get to be in a class with her cousin, Libby. They are the best of friends...Mackenzie even spent the night with Libby this past week. Her first sleepover! Can she really be big enough for that?! When she came home she told me, "Mommy, at bedtime I almost cried." I asked her, "Why?" and she said, "Because I wanted you!" I told her how proud I was of her for being such a big girl. When I was little, I never would spend the night anywhere because I missed my momma. I really want her to be able to spend the night without having to deal with that so much.

Then, on the following Monday, we will be headed to Falls Creek. I am excited and apprehensive about this...taking two little girls to Falls Creek is a LOT of work. But it will also be a LOT of fun! When we come back from Falls Creek, we go right into VBS at our church, where I am working in Preschool Crafts. Busy, busy, busy! When June finally ends, Brian will be headed for Chicago and Brazil, and the girls and I will get to relax at home and at Pa & G-Ma's house!

Madison has started walking so much more this past week. Especially since we have been home from Newcastle. Its like she is comfortable in her own house and she walks everywhere! She is a funny little thing...with an attitude! The bigger Madison gets, the more I think she looks like her daddy! One wonderful thing about her right now is that when it is bedtime, she lays down and goes right to sleep! Mackenzie, on the other hand.....

We went to the pool last night, and Madison has no fear of the water at all. She crawled around in the shallow end and loved it! Mackenzie, on the other hand, is happy to sit on the edge of the pool and wants nothing to do with the deep end at all, even if we are holding her. Swimming lessons are in her near future I'm thinking.

Here are a few funny Mackenzie stories:

* A few days ago, before going outside, Mackenzie asked me for some deodorant. I asked her "Why?" and she said, "So my armpits will stay dry." It was very matter of fact, like she couldn't believe I was asking her something so simple! At the age of 3, she understands personal hygiene!

* Yesterday, I was making Mackenzie a pb&j and she said, "Mommy, what are those blue strings on your arm?" They were my veins! Ha,ha,ha!!!

She is a laugh a minute! Brian and I have been talking the last few days about how she tries to "negotiate" to get around doing the things that we tell her to do. We are going to have to start really putting our foot down with her to teach her that she's not the boss. Sometimes that is just so hard to do...she's just so cute and funny!

Well, this blog was a little random, but I am not sure how much time I will have to update it over the next few weeks. We'll see I guess! Gotta love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment