Finally, for the first time of the entire summer, we were all together for WEEK 5!! I still can't believe that! This was definitely my favorite week of the summer, for that reason. With Brian being gone to London at the end of June, and the girls and I leaving for Portugal a week and a half after he got back, we cherished this time in between together. It was very hot this week, so we spent a lot of time in the room. We did make an unexpected trip to First Aid, when Madi's contact ripped and a tiny piece of it was stuck in her eye. They were awesome & were able to find & remove it with the help of a black light and some special eye drops. We played the Falls Creek game, ran the bases, raided the Green Room, played basketball, traded some pins, Jack discovered the water hoses at the Rec fields, and we even did the Fun Run! That's right...in sticking with tradition, we do it ONE time every summer! I'm glad we can check that box off. I'm a big fan of sleeping in! My favorite memory of that morning was Jack telling Brian, "Daddy your head is like a mountain...with snow on it!" while he was riding on his shoulders during the Fun Run.
It was a very fun week, with many sweet memories made, but my favorite for sure was the kids' music video. On Monday they were all laying around on their devices looking bored, so I said "hey, y'all should make a movie!" They liked that idea & ran with it...their final product, "His Cheeseburger," is quite impressive! Everybody did great, but I think the Emmy goes to Jonah for this one...his acting and singing was spot on.
When it's 100* outside and you're bored...this happens!
The filming process...even Jack got in on the action!
Monday Program staff pics.
Such a helper, cleaning the table after lunch.
When it's too hot to race at the baseball field...
Just a little week 5 dance party!
Somebody let him in!
It's no fun to have a contact stuck in your eye...
And there it is...
11:30 PM...Eileen's cookies, turkey bites & popcorn...this is a normal bedtime snack, right?!
We didn't go to many evening services, because its hard with Jack, but I tried to go listen to Brian as much as I could. He's my favorite!
Yesssssssss, girl!!
Mackenzie now holds the record for base running! She may be short, but she outran everybody!
This is now Jack's absolute favorite place in all of Falls Creek! Who can blame him?! Every kids dream when its 100* outside.
After riding on the golf cart with Madi, I'm more scared than ever, about her driving skills!
I guess Daddy didn't feel like tying his own shoes?!
The kids spent a lot of time making movies this week! =0)
Wednesday morning Fun Run...some of us were happier than others, about this.
Jack was hilarious...towards the end, he decided he was going to sprint it out. I guess having everyone cheering him on motivated him! =0)
So proud of himself! =0)
I love this SOOO much! Their excitement over seeing Jack is the sweetest!
Jack finishing strong!!
Block party fun!
We traded for some really cool superhero pins this week!
Jack was on the lookout for more Spidermans!
Mackenzie went to Late Night and they did a fun painting thing.
"Got any cheese???" IYKYK
I was so proud of Jonah for jumping in and playing chess at the cabin we were visiting. He got beat, but he's still learning and the other boys playing were very kind to help teach him.
4th of July was on Thursday...separate post!
Friday was a hard parenting day. Even when our kids don't like or understand our decisions, I hope they always know we have their very best interest in mind and we love them deeply.







































































No comments:
Post a Comment