This was my FB Status today...After 3 months of praying, visiting schools, asking advice and opinions, deciding and then changing our mind more than once, and ultimately seeking God's will, we have finally made a decision & the girls will be at OCS next year! I have literally made myself sick over this decision, because it's a big one. Leaving a school we adore makes it so much harder...but, we aren't called to live in fear or doubt, so we press on..excited for what God has in store for our family at OCS! Go Saints! (Now on to sell our house, pack & move, find a new house...church...preschool for Jonah...friends...you know, no big thing!) #ocssaints #iwillnotbeoverwhelmed #repeatiwillnotbeoverwhelmed #sogladthatdecisionismade #onestepatatime
Towards the end of March, we made the decision to move forward with Oklahoma Christian School. So we started the application process, and on April 15th the girls went for testing. At that point, I kind of had this panic moment, where I wasn't sure if we were doing the right thing. So, we visited the other school we were looking at again, hoping to gain more clarity. I think deep down I was hoping that the Classical school would work for us, since it is probably the most similar to what we are used to at Regent. But once again, for the third time that we visited there, it just didn't feel like the right fit for us at this time. Soooo...after many sleepless nights and much anxiety over "are we making the right decision," we pulled the plug and finished the application process at OCS. We are officially Saints for next year & we are very excited!! Well, Mackenzie is very excited, and Madison is working on it...she really liked the other school, but I know she will love OCS too! As I sat at the computer with my finger on the "enter" button to sign the electronic signature which locked us into a tuition agreement, I had my other hand on my Bible, opened to Joshua 1:9...Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid, and do not be dismayed. For the Lord your God is with you WHEREVER YOU GO! That gave me such peace in that moment...just a reassurance that WHEREVER our girls go to school next year, God will be with them! And, I had numerous friends remind me in different ways that we are NOT locked into this decision for their entire school career...that ultimately helped me so much, to realize that we just need to make the best decision we can right now, for next year. Then God will direct us year by year, from there! Now we just need to figure out what to do with Jonah! I have called 9 preschools and most all of them are full with wait lists. That is a problem for another day...or week...or month! I can't handle another big decision right now! For now, I can't even explain how relieved I am that a decision has been made and we can move forward! I feel like a boulder has been lifted off of my shoulders. And I have to just say one more time...we are SO BEYOND BLESSED and overwhelmed by this gift of education that has been given to our family! Soooo thankful!
This was right before testing...are they cute, or what?!
I think one of the hardest things was that I asked so many people's opinions, and I am a people pleaser. That made it hard for me to sort through what was the best decision for us. I don't think there was a "wrong" decision, so to speak, but we just wanted to make the "best" decision!
I sent this text to Brian as I was finalizing everything online...I love his response to me..."Cross the threshold, my love. Let's do this!"
Love. Him.
Another reminder, in the elevator at the Baptist Building, the day that we took Mackenzie to visit the other school again...I love how God gives us gentle reminders like this, even when we aren't looking for them!
Now to figure out what to do with Jonah...eek!!



No comments:
Post a Comment