Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We Made It!!!

It doesn't matter how many times you've been to Disney World...when you drive through the front entrance, it is exciting every time! We only had about a 2 hr drive from St. Petersburg to Orlando, and after driving for 10-12 hours the two days before, that felt like nothing. The girls were very, very excited! We got to our resort, All Star Movies, around 2:30 and checked in. We picked this resort because of the fun theme...Toy Story, 101 Dalmations, Fantasia, etc...I was very happy that we were able to get a room in the 101 Dalmations section, on the ground floor!We arrived about an hour and a half before G-Ma got there. She flew in and took the Magical Express bus to the hotel. When we knew she was getting close, we watched for the bus to come & it was VERY exciting when she arrived. A few months ago when she decided to come with us, I thought how fun it would be to not tell the girls she was coming until we got there, and she just showed up! But, I can't keep secrets. =0) Nevertheless, when she came off of that bus, the girls flew at her, squealing "G-MA!!!"

We had a few hours of downtime to get settled into our hotel & relax before our dinner at the Grand Floridian. After a quick nap for Madison, we walked around the Resort & took lots of pictures. Mackenzie would say, "Mommy, take my picture with Bo Peep! Mommy, this would be a good place for a picture!" She's a girl after my own heart! All Star Movies is a Value Resort, but for us it was perfect...such a fun theme & affordable at the same time. I love staying on Disney property & now that I have experienced it, I'm not sure I could ever go to Disney and stay off property and be satisfied with it. Since Madison is still 2, we were able to have all 5 of us in one room. G-Ma and Mackenzie slept in one bed & Brian and I were in the other one. Madison was 100% happy with her cozy little pallet in between both of our beds. It was so cute & I can't believe it, but I don't think I took a picture of it. =0( We tucked her in with two blankets, a pillow, her pillow pet, pony, and by the end of the week, Lady, Tigger & Minnie Mouse!

We were ready for a wonderful week at Disney World! Oh, and if you're looking at this post & thinking, "Wow, I wonder how many pictures she took if she has this many from the first day?!" Well, the answer is...951! Yep, I came home with 951 pictures...and that was after deleting all of the not so good ones & duplicates. =0) What can I say? Pictures are my thing!

It is easy to see by the looks on their faces just how happy they were!

When we got to our room, we had a Minnie Mouse made out of towels laying on the bed.We were SO, SO happy that G-Ma was able to spend this week with us. The past few months without Pa have been very hard for us all, so this was something to look forward to & a nice time to get away and have fun. He would have loved it that she got to come with us.My three favorite girls!There was a lot of excitement over Bo Peep!I'm not sure I really know what to say about this...Madison looks tiny! Following in their father's footsteps...I wonder who put them up there! That's a cute little duck right there!Mackenzie loved Pongo & Perdita...every single day when we left our room, she would want to go see Perdita! I think the girls would have had a great time just staying at our resort the whole time.Both of the girls loved the little puppy...Mackenzie would go sit beside it and act like she was watching the tv, just like it was. Looks like Madison's getting a puppy kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment